Will the Chanel Metallic color get faded?

foonyy

O.G.
Jul 14, 2009
NYC
Need help from anyone own Chanel Metallic! I wanted to get a camera case in Metallic Silver for casual occassion.
Heard that the metallic color will fade after few use, did this happen when the weather too hot or is the defect of the leather. My SA told me there's a coating on the leather for easy maintenance but I hope I can hear it from the real Chanel owner, please help.:smile:

Attachments

motomoto

Dec 4, 2008
hey foonyy.. I have the chanel cruise 09 light gold. perhaps cos its so light, thus the fading is pretty obvious (to me). I have a few colleagues who carry the metallic grey camera case bags and i've seen it recently.. it's been a year and its significantly less pearly. Of course, it also depends on how you maintain the bag, and exposure to sunlight is generally not encouraged. :smile: hope this helps!

May 14, 2009
East Coast
That's stinks about the fading but that also happens with LV vernis bags too due to sunlight you have to be careful. But with most good quality leather with colored bags they can fade overtime.

foonyy

O.G.
Jul 14, 2009
NYC
hey foonyy.. I have the chanel cruise 09 light gold. perhaps cos its so light, thus the fading is pretty obvious (to me). I have a few colleagues who carry the metallic grey camera case bags and i've seen it recently.. it's been a year and its significantly less pearly. Of course, it also depends on how you maintain the bag, and exposure to sunlight is generally not encouraged. :smile: hope this helps!
Thanks motomoto your reply is really helpful