Will society discriminate me if i have a plastic surgery as a male?

I had plastic surgery done 4 months ago, and generally the reactions have been bad. In real life people react with shock when I tell them, and online even on forums for plastic surgery, many females discuss their plastic surgery but when they find out that I am male it seems it is not acceptable to them for me to have plastic surgery and they tell me to find a therapist.

I had surgery on my teeth and body: abdominal etching, pectoral implants, porcelain veneers, and so on. I did not have any surgery that changed my face, making me look different, so I am quite surprised by the negative reactions. In real life however, I have also encountered women telling me about all the plastic surgery they did, but they are shocked when I tell them I had plastic surgery too.

Another thing that you seriously need to consider is the risk of complications. After I got the pectoral implants, I had extreme discomfort, and even now 4 months later I have not recovered yet. I have started to think about removing them. If you were depressed before, it might be nothing compared to what you have to go through if you have complications.

I am male it seems it is not acceptable to them for me to have plastic surgery and they tell me to find a therapist.
The response of those women is so wrong. It’s up to every individual to decide what is right for them. having said this, I do think it’s advisable to weigh all the factors (including maintenance and other issues) carefully especially when one is as young as OP.

Last edited:
There is no society where every single thing is considered normal. The mixture of different and various lifestyles is what makes society. Do whatever you want and have whatever you need.

they will discriminate against you if it goes wrong - if you will look good and all goes well, they will admire you and try to do the same. Reality about Humans, they will blame any mistake of a doctor on you and just you

Reactions: innajannina
Depending on what exactly you look like it might be possible for you to become genuinely good looking.

Will society discriminate against you for having plastic surgery as a male?
Yes, but not nearly as much as being unattractive.

Worst case scenario you can just move away and find new circles. Try to move away from your face :biggrin:

Reactions: minnie04
I'm a 30 year old guy and I had rhinoplasty/chin implant/ fat grafting done. I even specifically wanted a less masculine nose with a straight bridge AND fat grafting to make my brow ridge less prominent. Most people would consider these procedures "feminizing", but it's what I wanted. My co-workers are like 70% male boomers who live in a Midwestern rural area but I'm not at all worried when I get back from my overseas surgery trip in a few days. Honestly I'm just glad I got a good result and wasn't botched.

Getting the results you wanted without any complications is a big win! And traveling overseas for surgery can be a bit nerve-wracking, but it seems like everything worked out well for you.

I’m in a somewhat similar situation to OP: when trying to research the topic most of the results are about women’s experiences, and when trying to ask for advice directly (so far on Reddit) the response seems to be that one should be working on their self confidence and considering surgery is somehow wrong. Frustrating.

Reactions: innajannina
I will be very honest with you here: plastic surgery can change your life massively for the better.

But if you really look very bad, you should opt for a massive transformation with one of the top doctors like maybe VIP in Seoul - not one after another because you will be frustrated how it doesn’t change a lot in your life.

Therefore, double jaw surgery by a top doctor is often the best - with some implants, nose job. You will need to discuss your possibilities with a top doctor who charges more but doesn’t mess up a lot.
Needless to say, even with top doctors things go wrong sometimes and there is always something with surgery that will need to be improved.
Humans are just not perfect and neither is the craft or f surgery,
You’ll end up in a rat race but it can be worth it if it looks well.
It can also become addictive as you see how people change towards you and you want more and more…
Happens to men, too.

Additionally, medical conplications can be crippling. Many people go in hiding for years after bad surgeries.

The anesthesia changes your brain and you should do liver cleanses and good health management bc many get depressed or have other mental issues from anesthesia and don’t even know it.

Others have mentioned it: if it goes well, others will love you and not discriminate. If it goes bad, you might be shocked that you will be treated with more hate and disgust than an ugly person because people for some reason want to shame those with bad surgeries.
You can become a real scapegoat for their insecurities while before you were just ignored.
Now, you are hated.
That’s the reality of humans unfortunately.

So you should do it mostly for yourself and Also get some trauma therapy.
I’ve seen men who turned good looking through double jaw surgery, but still had the attitude of an ugly man and behaved insecure….
You could get acting classes and vocal/voice training for that to learn charisma and how to gain attention. It really isn’t all about looks only, although it helps.

I wish you all the best.
There is a coach named cindy Jackson, she connects people with the right surgeons and guides them on their journey.
If you want to send some pics, I could maybe give some advise, too

It is a lot about clothing and how you present yourself, too,