Will shoe polish work on Soho leather scuffs?

Schientist

Schientist
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
Ok, I've done some searches and can't seem to find an answer to this exact topic, so hopefully this will help some other people as well!

I purchased a Coach soho leather bag (model 9221) on Ebay, and it was advertised as "perfect condition."

SO not perfect condition. Full of crumbs on the inside, and scuffed up like crazy on the outside. Lots of "grey" marks, especially at the corners. What do people DO to their bags, anyway? But I digress.

I'm trying to figure out if this bag is salvageable. The inside I can vacuum and wipe out with a damp cloth, but the outside scuffs really need some help. They don't look deep, fortunately. I have the Coach leather cleaner, but that just cleans it up, doesn't put the color back where it's been removed. Has anyone had any luck using shoe polish? The bag is BLACK.

Thanks for your help!

Ummmm... Hence my ID....

OK, if it is a bag you never intend to sell and are not going to return to the seller, you can try some paste polish. I do not promote dye or liquid polish...

Ummmm... Hence my ID....

OK, if it is a bag you never intend to sell and are not going to return to the seller, you can try some paste polish. I do not promote dye or liquid polish...

Ha... sorry, didn't mean to insult. ;)

I don't know if I'd ever resell or not... would it affect the resale value for some reason if I use a polish on it?

Does it WORK?

.... anyone...?

Ha... sorry, didn't mean to insult. ;)

I don't know if I'd ever resell or not... would it affect the resale value for some reason if I use a polish on it?

Does it WORK?

.... anyone...?
Anything that alters the original color or feel/condition of the bag would be considered to affect the resale value. Even if you buy some leather dye in black to touch up the loss of color points it will still alter the bag from it's current state. Some people like to collect well used, loved and original condition bags... others are not as picky.

I also agree that shoe polish is not a good choice.