Will Prada Fix this??? Help??? Need recommendations

mzedith

RMBR SKY
O.G.
Nov 9, 2008
My beautiful bag. Need recommendations!

I can't use the strap because the interior facing has pulled away from the bag and it's causing further damage. the second pic is of the other side showing it intact.

Will Prada fix this? I purchased preloved. Or is there another repair shop that can do it safely and correctly?

IMG_1284.jpegIMG_1286.jpeg

IMG_1285.jpeg

Years ago I had a Prada I had bought off the secondary market. One of the screws holding the handle fell off. I took it in to the Prada boutique. They were unsure if Prada would still have the matching hardware but were willing to send it out. They quoted almost $100 and a possible 6 month turnaround. I took my bag home went to either Michael's craft or Home Depot and bought some hardware that was pretty darn close and fixed it myself.
Prada is not known for the aftercare of their bags. They want you to buy a new one.
Perhaps a search here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/taking-care-of-your-prada-protect-clean-repair-etc.785898/ about bag repair might help.
A general search of other forums may have additional info about repairs , I just can't recall at the moment

Last edited: