Will people think I am a show off if I display my CL shoes case in the living room?

xoxojennyxoxo

Jun 9, 2010
I thinking about putting a ikea book case with my CL shoes and designer hang bag in my living room but I don't want my guest or family member to think that I am trying to show off, so should I or I shouldn't?

I think it is alright if you do not have the space in your bedroom or walk-in closet for the bookcase. However, if this were my situation, I would buy an armoire or a bookcase that does not have glass doors.

I know how you feel about wanting to show your pieces in a room where you are a lot yourself, so you can watch your beauties :smile:
Having said that, an entire bookcase dedicated to shoes and bags will probably be "too much" in some people's eyes, if you care...
I have two pairs of my fav Louboutins in a bookcase in my living room - by only having two showing, it doesn't get so "overwhelming" and they don't stand out as much - almost like they're disguised as art pieces :biggrin:
I know my parents don't get my obsession and that I'd spend so much money on shoes, and some of my friends probably think that too, and I don't like people commenting on my expensive things.
I would, as mentioned, have the bookcase in my bedroom or something similar. So, I'd pick out like 3 fav pieces and put the rest in your bedroom showcase :smile:

I wouldn't honestly care what other people think... I don't get that.

If you want the display case in your living room, do it because it makes you happy and that is what you want.

I know how you feel about wanting to show your pieces in a room where you are a lot yourself, so you can watch your beauties :smile:
Having said that, an entire bookcase dedicated to shoes and bags will probably be "too much" in some people's eyes, if you care...
I have two pairs of my fav Louboutins in a bookcase in my living room - by only having two showing, it doesn't get so "overwhelming" and they don't stand out as much - almost like they're disguised as art pieces :biggrin:
I know my parents don't get my obsession and that I'd spend so much money on shoes, and some of my friends probably think that too, and I don't like people commenting on my expensive things.
I would, as mentioned, have the bookcase in my bedroom or something similar. So, I'd pick out like 3 fav pieces and put the rest in your bedroom showcase :smile:

Good idea, yea my parents don't understand why I spend so much money on shoes either :P and I dont really want people to think that I am a show off, so I might just display maybe 4-6 pair along with other art :biggrin:

i don't have room in my bedroom, and i most definitely have mine in my living room. it doesn't bother me at all. and nothing surprises my family/friends anymore about my shoes, they are all aware of my insanity :P

my shoes are like art to me... and i collect them seriously.

it's like any collector's item, for example, sculptures, paintings, coins, etc... some people put them on prominent display to be viewed and appreciated.

i will say though that when we move to a bigger home, and i finally get to construct my dream closet, that's where my shoes will live, and not in the living room. :biggrin:

Why not? ;)

My shoe case is in the master bedroom I share with DBF, and if he doesn't mind, then I don't think you'll have an issue with any house guests - he is typically pretty meh about my shoe purchases. :P

Well i just don't want people to think I am crazy for spending so much money on shoes and bag, not everyone understand. But you right I am just gonna do it because it does makes me happy, thanks for your advice :smile:

Mine is in the living room! Granted, i live in NYC and we're short on space, but it could have fit in the bedroom and i choose to have it out in the LR :smile:

you're right- some people get it, some don't - but i'm all for being exactly who you are and it's in your home after all :smile: