Will outlets *not* do charge/send over the phone?

Dec 29, 2012
I've been trying to tack down the Madison diagonal patent tote in Punch because I don't live near an outlet (well, the closest one is an hour+ away but with a crazy job and a small child I just do not have a way to get there).
I called an outlet that's closest to me and they said they wouldn't do a charge send unless I was physically present at another outlet - I clarified that going to a full price boutique would not do the trick here.

Does anyone know of a way around this "rule"? From reading this forum, i feel like many of you have been able to buy something over the phone but maybe I totally misunderstood. It's a bummer to miss out on this lovely bag for such a dumb reason... why wouldn't they take my money? :sad:
Any ideas?

I've been trying to tack down the Madison diagonal patent tote in Punch because I don't live near an outlet (well, the closest one is an hour+ away but with a crazy job and a small child I just do not have a way to get there).
I called an outlet that's closest to me and they said they wouldn't do a charge send unless I was physically present at another outlet - I clarified that going to a full price boutique would not do the trick here.

Does anyone know of a way around this "rule"? From reading this forum, i feel like many of you have been able to buy something over the phone but maybe I totally misunderstood. It's a bummer to miss out on this lovely bag for such a dumb reason... why wouldn't they take my money? :sad:
Any ideas?

FP stores will allow you to order over the phone. The outlets will not. You can put the item(s) on hold at the store that has them. Then you have to go into an outlet store and fill out the paperwork. That store will also take an imprint of your credit card. They will fax the paperwork to the store that has the items you want. That store will charge your card and ship the items to you. I think the outlets won't do phone orders because it would just be too much phone volume and the resellers would go crazy. Regardless of which outlet store the item is in - you're going to have to go into a outlet store to either purchase or do the charge send paperwork. Sorry. :sad:

i'm not sure of a way around this.... i wish i did because the charge send process is so clunky and stupid... i assumed they wanted you to come in to make sure you are who you say you are (i.e. havent stolen anyone's credit card) but in my experience, when i got there, to complete the transaction, they made a carbon copy of my whole credit card on the invoice that they were going to fax to the other store....i'm surprised MY credit card didn't get stolen in that process!!

the only thing i could think of would be if you know someone either near any outlet or near the outlet that has the bag, they could go in for you, but i guess they would have to pay and then you pay them back? good luck and sorry i couldnt help!

Do you have a good relationship with a FP store that is nearby? I have had my FP SA do a chargesend from an outlet before. I don't make a habit of it but my FP is an hour away and the closest outlet is 1.5 hours and that time I wasn't able to get to the outlet.

That's really disappointing.... I hoped that being a customer for years - and I've dropped lots and lots of money on Coach products, something like this would be easier to do. After all, I have an account with them and am a registered customer. I shop a lot online so I don't have one full price store that I have a relationship with - but when I found my raspberry Carrie at a local boutique, they definitely gave me the option of having her shipped or picking her up.

We'll be traveling to visit out of state family in late March and they live near a FOS, but I am sure by that time this bag will be long gone. I guess I get to keep my money...

That's really disappointing.... I hoped that being a customer for years - and I've dropped lots and lots of money on Coach products, something like this would be easier to do. After all, I have an account with them and am a registered customer. I shop a lot online so I don't have one full price store that I have a relationship with - but when I found my raspberry Carrie at a local boutique, they definitely gave me the option of having her shipped or picking her up.

We'll be traveling to visit out of state family in late March and they live near a FOS, but I am sure by that time this bag will be long gone. I guess I get to keep my money...

I understand your frustration. My closet outlet is 80 minutes away. Do you have a friend or family member that can go make the purchase for you? You can put it on hold and then they can pay for it and pick it up.

Jonathans_mama said:

Call your closest FP store and ask if they will do the charge send for you, it never hurts to ask!

They're a lot of people on this forum that have been customers for many many years and have spent $$,$$$'s - it's not personal, it's just the way Coach does business.

Basically they are not going to make it easy for us to get FP bags at at least 50% off retail. The whole idea of sending the deletes to the outlet is to move that stock that did not sell out of the boutique to a venue where it will sell.

It is logical that once it leaves FP you have to buy it where it is - ie the outlet. One of the reasons they don't do phone orders is that would put the outlet in direct competition with the FP store, some thing they want to stay away from. Let's face it, if deletes were easier to come by no one would shop FP.

They're a lot of people on this forum that have been customers for many many years and have spent $$,$$$'s - it's not personal, it's just the way Coach does business.

Basically they are not going to make it easy for us to get FP bags at at least 50% off retail. The whole idea of sending the deletes to the outlet is to move that stock that did not sell out of the boutique to a venue where it will sell.

It is logical that once it leaves FP you have to buy it where it is - ie the outlet. One of the reasons they don't do phone orders is that would put the outlet in direct competition with the FP store, some thing they want to stay away from. Let's face it, if deletes were easier to come by no one would shop FP.

I agree. I drop money weekly at the outlets and I still have to make the long drive....but it saves me in the end.....
I would have never paid $1000 for my Caroline but I drove to ONE of my outlets and did the charge send for $500 - I drive about 1 to 1.5 to get it DONE

Here's the thing, they might not want to be in direct competition with FP but they are. When they offer a FP bag for 50% or more off at the outlet, three, four months after it first hit FP, and people wait to purchase the bag because they know they can get it cheaper, how can that not be direct competition. Yes, some will not wait but, a lot will.

Here's the thing, they might not want to be in direct competition with FP but they are. When they offer a FP bag for 50% or more off at the outlet, three, four months after it first hit FP, and people wait to purchase the bag because they know they can get it cheaper, how can that not be direct competition. Yes, some will not wait but, a lot will.

It's not direct competition because the time that it is available at the outlets is months after its initial release.

They don't want to make it easy to get the discounted FP bags, that's why you can't order by phone - simple. If they can do phone orders in the FP store they can do them at the outlet. There is no logical reason behind this other than they don't want to.