Will outlets *not* do charge/send over the phone?

It's not direct competition because the time that it is available at the outlets is months after its initial release.

They don't want to make it easy to get the discounted FP bags, that's why you can't order by phone - simple. If they can do phone orders in the FP store they can do them at the outlet. There is no logical reason behind this other than they don't want to.

Yes, it may be months after the release but we have seen bags at the outlet marked down when they are still selling at FP and I am not just talking about the random returns. You are right, they don't do it because they don't want to.

It's not direct competition because the time that it is available at the outlets is months after its initial release.

They don't want to make it easy to get the discounted FP bags, that's why you can't order by phone - simple. If they can do phone orders in the FP store they can do them at the outlet. There is no logical reason behind this other than they don't want to.

Yes, it may be months after the release but we have seen bags at the outlet marked down when they are still selling at FP and I am not just talking about the random returns. You are right, they don't do it because they don't want to.

You're right - they don't want to. And can you blame them? Just imagine what the phone volume would be like if they did. Why go into the store when you can just order it all over the phone? You think the resellers are bad now? That would only get worse with phone orders. Yeah doing a charge send is a pain in the a-s but at least I still have somewhat of a chance of getting the bag I want. They do have the option of not doing charge sends at all. Alot of what Coach does doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I guess I have a little different perspective than some - my outlet RARELY gets the good stuff so a charge send is really the only option for me :smile:

You're right - they don't want to. And can you blame them? Just imagine what the phone volume would be like if they did. Why go into the store when you can just order it all over the phone? You think the resellers are bad now? That would only get worse with phone orders. Yeah doing a charge send is a pain in the a-s but at least I still have somewhat of a chance of getting the bag I want. They do have the option of not doing charge sends at all. Alot of what Coach does doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I guess I have a little different perspective than some - my outlet RARELY gets the good stuff so a charge send is really the only option for me :smile:

Co-sign all of this.

------------------

In general..........

The great thing is we always have choices. We just got to work the system that they put in place. If we want a charge send and that means going to the outlet an hour away then sobeit - if you want it enough you will strap that baby in their car seat and hit the road. Think only childless women that rock deletes from the outlet?????

If we want the bag at 50-70% off retail it takes some effort.

Co-sign all of this.

------------------

In general..........

The great thing is we always have choices. We just got to work the system that they put in place. If we want a charge send and that means going to the outlet an hour away then sobeit - if you want it enough you will strap that baby in their car seat and hit the road. Think only childless women that rock deletes from the outlet?????

Boooooooo to the damn yah.

You're right - they don't want to. And can you blame them? Just imagine what the phone volume would be like if they did. Why go into the store when you can just order it all over the phone? sYou think the resellers are bad now? That would only get worse with phone order. Yeah doing a charge send is a pain in the a-s but at least I still have somewhat of a chance of getting the bag I want. They do have the option of not doing charge sends at all. Alot of what Coach does doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I guess I have a little different perspective than some - my outlet RARELY gets the good stuff so a charge send is really the only option for me :smile:

The phones would be ringing off the hook, and we who walk into the outlet to see what's there wouldn't find anything. They need to save some of the good stuff for their steady walk in customers, like us.

I once went into the outlet to pick up a charge hold and they couldn't find it, so I kinda tagged along with the SA while she looked for it. The cupboards she opened to search for my bag were filled with bags on hold/sold, beautiful expensive bags we all hope to find, already sold by phone (all had sales slips/notes attached. I was surprised at the numbers of great bags waiting to be shipped or picked up, and I remember thinking that there must be a lot of sellers who search the outlets by phone and buy the expensive/rare bags to resell.

The phones would be ringing off the hook, and we who walk into the outlet to see what's there wouldn't find anything. They need to save some of the good stuff for their steady walk in customers, like us.

I once went into the outlet to pick up a charge hold and they couldn't find it, so I kinda tagged along with the SA while she looked for it. The cupboards she opened to search for my bag were filled with bags on hold/sold, beautiful expensive bags we all hope to find, already sold by phone (all had sales slips/notes attached. I was surprised at the numbers of great bags waiting to be shipped or picked up, and I remember thinking that there must be a lot of sellers who search the outlets by phone and buy the expensive/rare bags to resell.

I wish I could be a walk-in customer but, it's a 9 hour drive round trip to the nearest oulet. Last year, I only made it to the outlets three times and only because I was on vacation in the area.

Co-sign all of this.

------------------

In general..........

Amen Sista!