Jimmy Choo Will my shoes get ruined???

Blondee178

Tired but soo Happy!
Dec 4, 2008
Hello everyone,
A few years ago my DF surprised me by buying me my first pair of Jimmy Choos. I absolutely love them:love: but they are so high I can't walk in them. So they have been sitting in my closet ever since. I have thought of perhaps having the heel shortened a bit but am afraid it will ruin the shoe. I know it can be done with other shoes but I was afraid with this one b/c of the heel is gold plated. I don't want to sell them as they have so much sentimental value to me yet I hate that they are just sitting in my closet year after year. Will shortening the heel ruin my shoes?? Advise please. :confused1:

These are the ones I have but in Blue.

Attachments

• 22770_in_l.jpg
    22770_in_l.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 22770_e1_l.jpg
    22770_e1_l.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 22770_bk_l.jpg
    22770_bk_l.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 118
I'd recommend not shortening heels, but if u say u never wear them, then u should talk to a reputed shoe repair shop, or even ship to one here in NYC if u don't trust anyone local.

the money u'd spend on shipping and whatnot would be worthwhile b/c u'd be able to finally walk in them.

Like the others.. I would talk to a professional. I would quess they would not recommend it. These shoes are designed to be balanced and to give the wearer perfect support and comfort.

I'd recommend not shortening heels, but if u say u never wear them, then u should talk to a reputed shoe repair shop, or even ship to one here in NYC if u don't trust anyone local.

the money u'd spend on shipping and whatnot would be worthwhile b/c u'd be able to finally walk in them.

I'm in NYC. Is there a particular repair shop you would recommend?

Like the others.. I would talk to a professional. I would quess they would not recommend it. These shoes are designed to be balanced and to give the wearer perfect support and comfort.

This is why I am so worried about shortening them. I'm afraid the balance would be thrown off. But trust me, as sexy as these shoes are, I look like an idiot walking in them. LOL

I'd recommend taking them to shoe service in midtown. talk to a professional there and see if they have an example of one they've done, or ask them for their opinion.