Will my shoes get ruined???

Blondee178

Tired but soo Happy!
Dec 4, 2008
New York
Hello everyone,
A few years ago my DF surprised me by buying me my first pair of Jimmy Choos. I absolutely love them:love: but they are so high I can't walk in them. So they have been sitting in my closet ever since. I have thought of perhaps having the heel shortened a bit but am afraid it will ruin the shoe. I know it can be done with other shoes but I was afraid with this one b/c of the heel is gold plated. I don't want to sell them as they have so much sentimental value to me yet I hate that they are just sitting in my closet year after year. Will shortening the heel ruin my shoes?? Advise please. :confused1:

These are the ones I have but in Blue.

Attachments

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
I'd recommend not shortening heels, but if u say u never wear them, then u should talk to a reputed shoe repair shop, or even ship to one here in NYC if u don't trust anyone local.

the money u'd spend on shipping and whatnot would be worthwhile b/c u'd be able to finally walk in them.

dreambag7767

Orange/the new black
O.G.
Dec 20, 2008
NY
Like the others.. I would talk to a professional. I would quess they would not recommend it. These shoes are designed to be balanced and to give the wearer perfect support and comfort.

Blondee178

Tired but soo Happy!
Dec 4, 2008
New York
I'd recommend not shortening heels, but if u say u never wear them, then u should talk to a reputed shoe repair shop, or even ship to one here in NYC if u don't trust anyone local.

the money u'd spend on shipping and whatnot would be worthwhile b/c u'd be able to finally walk in them.

I'm in NYC. Is there a particular repair shop you would recommend?

Blondee178

Tired but soo Happy!
Dec 4, 2008
New York
Like the others.. I would talk to a professional. I would quess they would not recommend it. These shoes are designed to be balanced and to give the wearer perfect support and comfort.
This is why I am so worried about shortening them. I'm afraid the balance would be thrown off. But trust me, as sexy as these shoes are, I look like an idiot walking in them. LOL

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
I'd recommend taking them to shoe service in midtown. talk to a professional there and see if they have an example of one they've done, or ask them for their opinion.