Will matellic leather bags "peeled" easily like patent?

Miche88

Oct 29, 2013
Singapore
Oh. Becuz i had a matellic champagne wrislet it peeled. Had it for 3yrs. Not using frequently thou. Thats why im quite concern.

Sep 14, 2008
Oh. Becuz i had a matellic champagne wrislet it peeled. Had it for 3yrs. Not using frequently thou. Thats why im quite concern.
Oh, well maybe you should check with a SA. I would be surprised though since it doesn't appear to have any coating. I have had other metallic leather accessories and I know that with alot of use, the metallic can wear off a bit on corners and edges but that is with alot of use of several years. I'm guessing the same could be said with non-metallic leather just from lots of wear and tear, the corners will fade.

elisian

vintage queen
Oct 16, 2014
Portland, OR
I don't have Gucci metallic leather but I do have a Kate Spade wallet that has held up really poorly with the metallic gold coating (it's otherwise fine). I haven't "abused" it -- how do you abuse a wallet? -- it lives in bags, etc. Rubbing on fabric alone has worn out the corners of gold color within 18 months.

Now, that's not terrible, but what IS terrible in my case is that the metallic gold is pretty much impossible to re-paint. Also, where the gold has worn away the leather underneath is a nasty orange-brown shiny color -- the whole thing looks very shabby for being not so old. It's not like, say, a little wear on a black bag that can be re-polished to be as good as new. So be careful!

FabuLex

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Toronto
I have a metallic Gucci (silver sukey) from 2010 (i think) and it has not peeled at all. It's a very soft painted leather, not laminated like patent. It has worn down slightly in a few areas like the handles, but worn down to a light neutral grey so nothing i'm too concerned about.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Cheap metallic can peel because it's basically painted on, with Gucci it shouldn't be a problem.

If your Champagne wristlet was Gucci you could take it in to the store and ask to have it looked at. BTW, Gucci patent shouldn't peel either, it's just that people store it for too long, patent actually does better used everyday.