Will LV repair bags bought off of ebay that have been discontinued?

Hello everyone. I just wanted to chime in on the discontinued repair question. I purchased a pre-loved Louis Vuitton Bucket GM. I had to mail it in to the nearest store because I live a few hours away from one. I sent it in on a Wednesday from UPS and received a call on Friday that they received the bag and they gave me the repair quote. It would be $350.00 to replace the entire lining, the rim of the bag, and for them to add a new gm pouch. I only purchased the purse for $184, so I was excited to be refurbishing a vintage pre-loved item for about $500.00. The canvas is heavy and I definitely of quality than the canvas that they make now.

I’m new to LV and that great to hear they will repair the bag purchase preloved from second store.
It's not always the case. Some bags are no longer repairable because the bag itself shows too much wear and tear, the canvas is cracked, or the materials needed to repair the bags (leather, canvas, hardware, etc) are no longer available. Just be aware that Louis Vuitton may deny a repair service request.

This has not been my experience at all. I know this is a very old thread so maybe policy has changed, but I took in my Metis Hobo that I bought second hand to get the bag reglazed. Known defect of melting glaze on this bag. I went to 3 different LV stores. All 3 refuses to help me because it was purchased 2nd hand and I had no receipt! I even told the 3rd store I went to that it was a gift and they still refused unless I could provide a name and they could find the purchase in their system. I was not happy about this lack of service at all, but I think this is LVs way of fighting back against consignment shops, EBay and resellers.

This has not been my experience at all. I know this is a very old thread so maybe policy has changed, but I took in my Metis Hobo that I bought second hand to get the bag reglazed. Known defect of melting glaze on this bag. I went to 3 different LV stores. All 3 refuses to help me because it was purchased 2nd hand and I had no receipt! I even told the 3rd store I went to that it was a gift and they still refused unless I could provide a name and they could find the purchase in their system. I was not happy about this lack of service at all, but I think this is LVs way of fighting back against consignment shops, EBay and resellers.

I see. I have the receipt and it was repaired before the seller sold me the bag. So I should be able to get it fix when it does need a repair? Also I am assuming they want the original owners name, right? Bc original seller is from TX. Thoughts?