Will LV punch a new hole in my belt?

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Hi- I bought a new to me monogram LV belt and it fits just right- at the first hole. (It was such a great deal had to get it)
I was wondering if LV will punch one more hole for me just in case I lose weight. I know a cobbler could probably do it but I think it invalidates (warranty) future repairs (reglazing) in the future. Anyone ever had LV do this? I think Hermes does this so I can't see LV not providing this service for their belts.

No...they won't alter on anyway as it will go against the "warranty/repair" terms. I tried once to add holes to my noe strap. You can either go to a cobbler or buy a leather hole punch from Home Depot and do it yourself

Actually, yes, if you are a VIP and your SA likes you. I have had holes added and straps shortened. But it's years of history.

When your SA did this, it didn't void your warranty or future repairs? I have a wonderful SA that I have worked with a few times so I think I will ask her for the favor when I see her. As for being a VIP- I'm no where close to having that status lol!

When your SA did this, it didn't void your warranty or future repairs? I have a wonderful SA that I have worked with a few times so I think I will ask her for the favor when I see her. As for being a VIP- I'm no where close to having that status lol!

There is no such thing as a Louis Vuitton warranty. Hasn't been for over 15 years since the family lost control of the company, so no - it didn't do anything to any warranty as there is no such thing. If you want to have them prove that (and I'm a paralegal), just ask for a written copy of the "warranty." There is no such thing.

So don't be afraid to ask for minor alterations. The only place I hear a "warranty" mentioned is in TPF from people who don't don't know there is no such thing or have been lied to by SAs trying to make a sale. The "proof is in the pudding." If there was ANY kind of a warranty, LV (LVMH) would have no problem providing a written copy. There is no such thing. Not for one month, six months, one year, or any period of time. If an SA ever mentions a warranty, ask for a copy and then watch them stammer and backpedal.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a Louis Vuitton warranty. Hasn't been for over 15 years since the family lost control of the company, so no - it didn't do anything to any warranty as there is no such thing. If you want to have them prove that (and I'm a paralegal), just ask for a written copy of the "warranty." There is no such thing.

So don't be afraid to ask for minor alterations. The only place I hear a "warranty" mentioned is in TPF from people who don't don't know there is no such thing or have been lied to by SAs trying to make a sale. The "proof is in the pudding." If there was ANY kind of a warranty, LV (LVMH) would have no problem providing a written copy. There is no such thing. Not for one month, six months, one year, or any period of time. If an SA ever mentions a warranty, ask for a copy and then watch them stammer and backpedal.

I will def ask. People are not a one size fit all, and I can't see why something as simple as punching an extra hole would be a problem for LV. I would think they would be accommodating to such a simple request. Thxs for your advice and response.