Will Leather Jacket Stretch??

coffeebeene

Oct 29, 2010
I couldn't find anything in the search about non-brand-specific threads on leather jackets stretching. I just purchased a BB Dakota leather jacket at a great price, not usually my style so I thought I'd purchase a low-priced one, and maybe next year buy a higher-end one if its still "in" and I find that I like wearing it/get a decent amount of use.

The jacket is much smaller than expected, I'm a size 0 but with a 32DD, so even though I can certainly zip the jacket up (size small) my chest gets sort of crammed in. I wasn't planning on wearing this zipped up, but just in case, how often do leather jackets stretch, and how much do they stretch? the sleeves, shoulders and length are all great, I just need a couple inches of room across the chest.

I do think leather does stretch, especially if the leather is pretty soft and supple. Lamb skin most definitely will stretch out some.

I am not sure leather will stretch out a couple of inches however. If you need a few inches in the chest area then maybe you need to size up? If you size up it might be big for you in the shoulders though...

Not sure if I was any help.