Will it go with black?

1. Can I carry my new gold birkin when I wear black (which is my most common color)? I am mosting talking black + jeans.

2. Absolutely!!! Gold is such a classic Hermes neutral that it will look fantastic with black and denim.

3. I think you could wear anything with it even tartan, I would skip the taffeta or the gold lame!

4. Yes, I have the same Birkin you have- 35 cm, gold ph (& mine's clemence). I wear it with everything- neutrals (like black) and colors. It really does go with everything because it's so classic!

5. Absolutely, tres chic!

6. Yes, but sometimes no...:supacool: I hear you!

7. But, of course!

8. What is the difference in the texture, feel, smell of the leather (clemence v togo)?
    :confused1:

9. Hi Star- just out of curiosity, what kind of black outfit do you think the gold birkin would not work well with? I've been carrying my bag with almost everything- except evening wear. Would like to make sure I'm not committing a fashion crime. :P

10. Thank you - I was wondering too...

11. I can not tell you from personal experience, as I only have gold clemence. But from what I've learned from this forum (thanks tPFers!) the gold has a slightly different hue in the two leather. Also, clemence is flatter (less bumpy) and more matte than togo. I heard togo smells wonderful. My clemence doesn't really smell. All in all though, the two leather appears to be very similar.

12. Gold is a great neutral.
    I wear mine with black when I am too lazy to switch to my black birkin.
    It goes with everything!!

13. Totally!

14. My wardrobe is almost entirely black and my Kelly is the same color/leather combination as your Birkin. It looks great with black.

15. Another vote for gold!! And, I too love the scent of Togo...although Clemence does have it's own scent....it just doesn't jump out at you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice