Will I regret not having a GST in my collection?

leem

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
I have not gotten one before because, although they are pretty and seem so practical for a mom, it just felt so boxy on my arm. Did anyone feel that way at first, but end up growing to like it? I am this close to getting a Prada this fall, but it would be my first non-Chanel purchase in some time and I am afraid I might look back and think the $$ was better spent on a Chanel. I have become a Chanel snob, I didn't mean to do it, but I think it has happened.

But this beauty is winning my heart : ) (from NM, just using ebay pic because it is so good)

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/06/76/ca8b_3.JPG

I have two GST that i've never used for the same reason -- they felt too boxy under my arm ... but I just bought the bordeaux and black patent GST and have fallen in love. They're roomy, practical (blah, blah,blah) and beautiful. I never thought I'd be a fan of GST but I was wrong.

The Prada bag is gorgeous. Go with the one you love --- if it's the Prada, remember you can always get a GST later. Good luck!

Go with what you really love and with what feels more comfortable.

I do have the "older" gst so it is stiff. I understand the "new" caviar is softer, so it might be more comfortable from the beginning.

Have you tried on the GST? This bag is so annoying to me as only one strap stays on your shoulder. The top one always falls down. I was just talking to my SA about how annoying they are and she said yeah I have one too and it never stays on my shoulder LOL.

Get the Prada, that is such a cool bag. It reminds me of the Fendi mini Spy

i also have the older gst (not the softer caviar) and honestly, i dont really use it as often as i like cuz the weight factor (i put tons of things in my bag)..i can understand your concern as the boxiness bothered me at first too..i guess some people like bags that are more structured while others i have seen sporting their gst kind of softer, more fitted to their body because they've worn it more. i think its important to just get the bag you are comfortable with. i think GSTs are great and wonderful but the prada looks fabulous too! Go out to the store and try them both out!! See which one screams your name =) you'll know - good luck!

^GST- Grand Shopping Tote
PST- Petit Shopping Tote

Pics are in the reference library under classic misc bags, BTW Fruits all your posts are like your texting from a mobile or something lol!

Leem you have my thoughts on this, but the strap thing can be an issue although easily remedied by tucking one in under the other. Once the caviar softens up it moulds itself on your shoulder better. I still say go for the GST!

I personally go back and forth on the GST for various reasons. I do have to say, I like it quite a bit more than the Prada and it would be more pratical for my lifestyle personally.