Will I regret not getting a black jumbo flap before the price increase??

Let me just say that I have a 4yr old and totally love my red and black jumbo flaps. I say purchase the bag before November from Saks or NM and try it out. Now after 3 - 4 wks if you are not in love return it! I rather pay $2250 now vs. $2600 in 2 mths. That's a HUGE increase IMO!

If it is something that you feel is your style and it's something you really want, I'd get it. I kicked myself for not purchasing mine before the price went up to $2250... I don't know that I would be able to justify it again. It's a fabulous bag. Get it!

Since you love flaps.... this is the most important reason....I think you should get it before the price increase...

I have my reissues in 225 and 227....I still got my Jumbo as my 3rd flap...no regrets at all....

Good luck with your decision.

If you love flaps, I think you would regret not buying this before the increase. It's such a classic piece! I wouldn't worry about having it and being a mommy--it's a workhorse!

Unless you are one of those dead set against buying secondhand items...I think you can always find a black classic flap secondhand in good condition below retail. If you were seeking a hard to find limited color I'd say yes get it now...but there are always cheaper secondhand black jumbos available. I'm one of those who is anti paying retail unless I absolutely can't find it cheaper secondhand....the same goes for cars...I'll probably never buy a new car. That's my 2 cents.

Unless you are one of those dead set against buying secondhand items...I think you can always find a black classic flap secondhand in good condition below retail. If you were seeking a hard to find limited color I'd say yes get it now...but there are always cheaper secondhand black jumbos available. I'm one of those who is anti paying retail unless I absolutely can't find it cheaper secondhand....the same goes for cars...I'll probably never buy a new car. That's my 2 cents.

Really? I am fine with a gently used bag, but I was afraid that since it is such a classic they rarely if ever became available.

You remind me of what I had done in the last few years. I always love the jumbo flap, but always think that, hey they are classics, I can always get it anytime... but OMG, didn't realize until spring of this year that the price of the jumbo flap had gone up like nuts. So I finally took the plunge. The way I see it, if I love it, I should just do it now. Why pay more for something that I know I'm going to get down the road with a lot more money? So I'd suggest that you get it now...

I feel just like you do; but I AM buying it. Basic black caviar, silver hardware, jumbo. I have one other (the red jumbo w/double silver hardward chain straps). I figure you always need a basic, classic, elegant bag and this fits the bill on so many levels. Buy it.

I vote that you get it before the price increase. The Jumbo flap was my first Chanel and I was thinking that it wouldn't work for casual outfits because I'm a total big bag type of girl, but it forced me to downsize to the essentials and I can totally see myself carrying it forever. It's so timeless that you can even carry it after your little ones are all grown up and still have it be a classy bag!