Will I be disappointed with the RM Midi?

kaojoe

Jun 16, 2008
I just scored a great RM Midi off bonanzle yesterday and in my anxious anticipation started searching for threads on the RM Midi on here only to find a complaint about the strap drop on it. I've seen few pics of it being worn, but it looks like you can wear it on your shoulder, but this thread implied it was a tight fit...tighter than an LM. So, what do you say? Is the RM Midi a bag you can wear on your shoulder comfortably? I sure hope so!!

I wear my Rock Me Midi on my shoulder comfortably, though not over a winter coat. If I'm wearing my winter coat, I have to use the shoulder strap to wear it on my shoulder.

I wear my RMM very comfortably on my shoulder. I hate wearing a bag on my arm or carrying so this is a deal-breaker for me.

I hope you love your new bag! :smile:

I don't wear my bags on my shoulder unless I use the messenger strap, so I can't comment there. However, I think the RM Midi is my favorite BE style EVER! It just seems to be the perfect size, and it has the great Love Me woven straps without being cumbersome to get into. I think the Rock Me rocks!:jammin: Let us know what you think when you get it.

I LOVE my RMM!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :smile: I wear it on my shoulder, but like other ladies said, not with a heavy coat. I think it's great, and have I mentioned I love it?! :smile:

~Robyn

Just wanted to say that I got my RM Midi. It is a beautiful bag. This is my first experience with the pebbled leather and I really like how hardy it feels. I like to use my bags and not baby them, so it will be a good match for me. The downside is that the bag is heavy, probably more so because of the pebbled leather. However, it's a great size - fits more than I thought it would and is really a very useful size. I think I'm going to like it. I just took off the hangtags and some of the extra rings because I felt like I was hitting things with all of the metal hanging off the bag. It's amazing how heavy those little rings are!!

As for the shoulder wearing issue - I definitely agree with what everyone has said here. I can wear it on my shoulder no problem and it stays on their pretty well. I've even done it with a lighter fleece. I agree with those who said they probably couldn't do it with a heavy winter coat. But, I don't have any trouble flinging it on my shoulder and I've used the messenger strap to wear it cross-body. Works well!!

So, thanks for all of your help and advice!

Just wanted to say that I got my RM Midi. It is a beautiful bag. This is my first experience with the pebbled leather and I really like how hardy it feels. I like to use my bags and not baby them, so it will be a good match for me. The downside is that the bag is heavy, probably more so because of the pebbled leather. However, it's a great size - fits more than I thought it would and is really a very useful size. I think I'm going to like it. I just took off the hangtags and some of the extra rings because I felt like I was hitting things with all of the metal hanging off the bag. It's amazing how heavy those little rings are!!

As for the shoulder wearing issue - I definitely agree with what everyone has said here. I can wear it on my shoulder no problem and it stays on their pretty well. I've even done it with a lighter fleece. I agree with those who said they probably couldn't do it with a heavy winter coat. But, I don't have any trouble flinging it on my shoulder and I've used the messenger strap to wear it cross-body. Works well!!

So, thanks for all of your help and advice!

Kaojoe, I hope you give this bag a try.

I couldn't help but thinking there was a "but" somewhere in your story.......I love it, but........

I've come close to getting this one myself many a time as I love the look of the bag.......but something's holding me back. And truth is, I'm not a "tote" girl. And for me the reg size seems too big while the midi is too small.

I definitely would not recommend this bag if you are not a tote girl, because that is exactly what it is. I like totes and satchels, but I do love to hand carry so that makes sense. I think if someone likes the WTM, they will like this style. I love my WTM, but I never quite fell in love with the circles. Also, I adore the Love Me, but I don't like messing with the drawstrings. This style definitely suits me. It's the best of both worlds!