Will humidity change my skin?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I'm going to Dubai in a few weeks, and before I go I want to buy my face moisturizer.. The only thing is where I live, it's hot and dry, but in Dubai it's hot and really humid. My skin is a little oily now with some surface dryness, so I use a cream. Should I buy a lotion instead of my regular cream because of the humidity? Also, I don't usually use lotions because they don't help the bit of dryness on my face, but will the humidity take care of that?

2. I doubt everyone's skin reacts the same, but I have oily & dry skin that loves humidity. I prefer to use a lotion in the morning but I stick to a cream at night (but I generally sleep with air con on). Hope you enjoy your trip.

3. It can effect your skin, when we first moved to Okinawa, my skin freaked out. But now I use the gel moisturizer during the day, and a thick cream at night. My skin is better now

4. My skin hates the humidity, it makes me feel even greasier than normal. I have pretty dry skin and use a moisturizing gel.

5. I grew up in humidity (almost 100% all year) and when I hit dry climates, my skin doesn't know what to do with itself. I found that the best moisturizer is Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for oily skin, but they also make a formula for combination skin.

6. I have dry skin so my skin LOVES humidity. Seriously, I can look 10 years younger when I am in a humid area.. My skin has aged ever since I moved to the east coast and have to endure the moisture-less winters. =(

7. I live in a humid climate so my skin dries up when I'm in drier climates. I recommend using a light lotion nothing too heavy as it'll leave you feeling sticky. Enjoy Dubai!

8. I live in a super dry climate so whenever I go on a trip to somewhere humid I need to make some adjustments to my skincare (and hair) routines. I find I don't need to moisturize as much, I usually just moisturize my face at night so that my skin doesn't end up too oily. I have oily skin even at home so when I'm on vacation it can get even worse :sad: I don't change what I actually use though.

Have a great time in Dubai! I would love to go there someday.

9. Thanks all :smile:

10. Really depends on many factors. My skin LOVES humidity I look 100 times better when there is high humidity and I never break out, unlike other ppl who have problems with humidity. I would only suggest a light textured high spf lotion for your skin. Have a great time!

11. in a humid climate, my skin feels oily and greasy. thus, more prone to breakouts. so a lighter lotion would do. humidity itself will help ease the dryness in your skin