Will Hermes punch an xtra hole in my Massai strap?

Luccibag

O.G.
May 11, 2006
I love my Massai but the large strap that is included is pretty useless to me. Im 5 foot 9 so its too short for messenger and too long for anything else. Im thinking if there was an extra hole punched on each end it could give me the needed room to wear messenger. I only have one hole punched on each side. There wouldnt be much room to tuck into the buckle but it can be done. Has anyone ever had this done? Will they do it? I know they've punched holes in my belts without any wait.

I always wondered if you could order a longer strap...I love the massai but am un able to wear messanger style too!!!

Im glad Im not the only one! I find that strap pretty useless but perhaps with a little extra room on each side I could make it work.

The reason I ask is because I know with Chanel I always get the ol' "we dont alter our bags in any way" attitude. I had wanted to shorten the strap on the jumbo flap.

Would I need to bring the bag or strap alone would be ok? Im planning to go to NYC and already have 2 or 3 bags I want to bring in. I dont feel like walking in with so many bags.

Lucci--Will be watching this thread for updates. I love love love my Massai and even at 5 foot one inch I can't wear the long strap messenger style so I need something to do with it. :smile:

Luccibag: I cannot speak for any H boutiques, but H Bangkok SA are willing to punch extra hole on each side of the long strap for me so that I will be able to carry the bag messenger style.....Unfortunately, after trying the bag on, I found that getting in and out of the bag is fairly difficult, so I did not get the bag( it could be because of my build). Nevertheless, I still love the look of Massai....... Please keep us update on the good news............ and Orange Swift Massai must be Gooooooooooooooorgy.............

don't see why they wouldn't.. they do it for belts.. so why not this bag

I just wasn't sure if they'd tell me they dont alter their bags or alter the lengths? I had a problem with Chanel with that once. Also was wondering if anyone ever did it. There's not much room for another hole. There still needs to be a little overhang but if they've done it before they'd know where to put it.