Will gladiator sandals still be in next year?

mink

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
I did a search and saw that this this question has been asked in past years, and it seems they have only gotten hotter. But now that they've been around for a while and have been seen everywhere, will they really last another year?

I already have a few pairs of gladiator flats, but am thinking about finally caving for a pair of heels I tried on this weekend and fell in love with. But they're python and much pricier than my flats, so I want to be sure that I can get a lot of wear out of them before I buy them... I have attached a pic borrowed from the Six and Seven blog.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• BV Shoes.jpg
    BV Shoes.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Even if they are not at the tippy top height of fashion (which really I don't think they are NOW) they will still be in style enough that nobody will laugh and point when you're wearing them ;) They will still be plenty popular next year.

and honestly...sometimes the shoes are just pretty, like the ones you have above. That pair doesn't scream gladiator to me the way that gold flat strappy Roman gladiators do. Pretty shoes will generally be timeless...

gladiator shoes are an extension of strappy shoes done another way, you've got nothing to worry about! plus if you rock it, you really don't really need to worry about what others think in terms of being in or out

the shoes look great!

I think the shoes look alright, it doesn't scream gladiator to me. It's more the flat roman gladiator the one with strap all the way to calf that's super trendy, and I'm sure slowly but surely will phase out by end of next year.

I think that gladiators could still be around next summer. I know where I am (we're about to hit summer now) they are still in full swing.

Those are very lovely and I don't think those are 'trendy' so I think they'd be a great purchase. They have an elegant almost Grecian feel to them. Besides I don't think it's worth abandoning something you like just because it isn't trendy anymore... fashion almost always comes full circle. Look at shoulder pads etc. :P
I say if you love them still (especially since you've wanted them the whole season!) why not take the plunge? They aren't typical of the gladiator trend (which is a good thing) so they won't date that easily... :smile:

I hope not!

Here's my take on "out" when it comes to shoes. Unless it's something VERY trendy like 70s platforms, nothing is really "out" if you like it. I spend a lot of money on shoes by golly I'm going to wear them year after year until they fall apart. Then I'll take them to the cobbler and wear them some more.

I'd get those, they are not trendy.

I think it'll be a while before gladiators are 'out' and really I don't know that they'll ever go completely out. Not like you will wear them and people will snicker at you as if you were wearing an acid wash neon paint splatter jean jacket or something (though right now, with our early 90s come back, that may not get snickers).. :smile: Sandals are sandals. glad you got them!