Will Dooney's red lining rub off?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone experienced color transfer from the red cotton lining onto white/bone accessories? I've ordered the bone kisslock from Dooney.com but am now getting nervous about using it in a red lined bag. I'm assuming those with pink gingham lining are safe.

2. I have a white patent wristlet that I have used a lot with the red lined bags and have not had any color transfer ☺

3. I have never had color transfer from any Dooney lining.

4. I've never had that happen to me either. Man, I love that red lining. POW!

5. I have a white Gretta wallet. No trouble with it rubbing against the lining at all!
    But now I use an organizer, so not an issue.

6. Nope. I have a white bucket with red lining and it's gorgeous! No transfer at all. I love the red lining. You should be fine.

7. This is good to know. I have often wondered this myself. Thanks for the Info everyone.

8. Thank you all for your answers - makes me feel confident about using it.

9. Hi, well this morning I noticed something I hadn't noticed before on my favorite wallet.
    It's very hard to see in the pictures. It's definitely worse in person. There is a slight tinge of red along the bottom in the bottom corners and a spot right under the logo plate. I think maybe with white you might have to be cautious.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457360805.304264.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457360814.469606.jpg

10. Well that's a bummer, TB. I hope you can get that off, though honestly I can barely see it. I should have quantified my earlier response by saying that I never carry a white or light colored wallet.

11. Thanks for letting me know. I think you're right. Better safe than sorry.

12. Yeah, I guess I had never noticed it before. I don't know if it was always here it a recent development. I carried this wallet for a long time and then gave it a rest for a little while. Today when I switched back I noticed it. It's really light so I'm not going to stress about it.

You're welcome.

13. Wow. Good to know, TB. Thanks.

14. I think this is a good excuse for me to be on the lookout for a red kisslock coin purse.