will coco cabas be timeless?

Honestly no, for the bag to be truly timeless it has to be iconic-a signature of the brand. Chanel has already established that with the 2.55 Classic Flap. Like Hermes Birkin, LV with the speedy and Balenciaga w/ Moto bags-albeit not as stylish, IMHO.
It's interesting to note that the bags that are considered timeless are all structured bags.

I don't know what to think on the cabas's longevity. I think fashion has changed and continues to evolve so much, you just never know. I think big bags will come and go in fashion and when they are in you can rock your cabas again and again.

It's interesting to note that the bags that are considered timeless are all structured bags.
That's a very good point.

Slouchy bags go in and out of style, so I think the Cabas will look dated in a few years... and then, at some point, fabulous again.

Slouchy bags go in and out of style, so I think the Cabas will look dated in a few years... and then, at some point, fabulous again.

I taotally agree with you!
Anyway, structure bag is not my favorite so I have to pay for the fasion bag again and again :supacool:

I don't care what's in or out. I carry what I like. It's like leopard print stuff, that comes in and out of style every 2 years, so I'm sure this bag will do the same. I plan on hanging on to it.

L

I don't think it will be, but I think it will always be useful for your needs. Particularly on shopping trips, etc. It looks as if it can hold lots of stuff. I love bags in which you can slip small packages.

I cannot imagine in a couple of years people staring at someone with a cabas thinking....."oh my god, she has a large slouchy bag, how tacky!" The bag is slouchy, but it is also very simple.

I can think of some exceptions... the Bottega Veneta woven tote is definitely a classic forever.

I see your point, however... Chanel's "Timeless Collection" does seem to consist of structured bags. Personally, I don't see the Cabas as timeless but who cares? As long as you have fun with it while you can!