Will Coach fix this? Carly related...

IHeartCoach

♥IHeartVuitton♥
Mar 23, 2007
I bought a medium Sateen Carly off ebay and I don't know if this was missing when it arrived, or if it fell out afterwards. I didn't really pay attention...

I got this pic off ebay of one...

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

On the side... See where the two little buttons are- one above and below the turnlock? Well one is missing!

It's not like a major problem. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Thanks!

I'm not sure how long that bag has been out - if it was released more than a year ago, you may have to pay shipping for them to send it Jax to be checked out and either fixed or store credit given.

Nite foxx - have you have problems with them not fixing your broken items before? I've had nothing but good experience - then again, I'm fine with getting store credit for my broken items, I like getting new ones! They gave me a store credit for my frayed Carly, a store credit for a Poppy book tote that the handle broke on, and I just dropped off my Groovy to have buttons put back on.

well, you have to mail it to Jax, so you definitely have to pay the shipping cost from you to JAX, and also remember to include the $20 repair fee in the package. You can get the repair form from coach.com

I called Jax several weeks ago regarding my Carly. The leather on the sides of my handle was peeling off. They told me to send it in and that it would cost $20. Well, I called my nearest fp store that I bought it from and the store manager told me to bring it in and they would waive the $20 fee. They were very nice about the entire thing. I didn't need a receipt either and I had bought the bag over 2 years ago. I just took the bag in to them a week ago so I am still waiting to see what Jax will do....repair, replace or give me a discount. :wondering

Ok I will take it to my Coach store or call them and ask.

If they can't repair it and they offer you a credit for the full price of the bag, do they keep and destroy your bag? I am assuming? Or do they give the credit and bag back to you?

You might have a couple of options, they can send it in (I doubt it will be repaired) and they will probably send you the full value of the bag in store credit, they then keep the bag. Or they will send you back your bag and offer you 40% off another bag. Its such a great bags it might be worth keeping it with the missing stud and getting 40% off another bag.

You might have a couple of options, they can send it in (I doubt it will be repaired) and they will probably send you the full value of the bag in store credit, they then keep the bag. Or they will send you back your bag and offer you 40% off another bag. Its such a great bags it might be worth keeping it with the missing stud and getting 40% off another bag.

Or, you might have them send your bag back to you with a friendly note that says "sorry we couldn't fix your defective bag." No discount, no credit... and you'll be out the shipping/repair fee. Fun!! That's what happened to me & my defective Sabrina. Nice, huh?

I tend to think Coach is going to stop being so "generous" with their repair/discount/credit offerings. In some instances, people are clearly taking advantage of their policies, which leave customers with legitimate problems out in the cold.

*Not referring to the OP or anyone else; just a comment about what I think we can expect in the future.

Last edited:
I had something similar to this with another bag and I took it to a shoe repair place and they put another brass thingy on it. It wasn't exact but at a glance you couldn't even tell - it cost about 7.00 - that was a few years back but might be worth a shot.