Will Chanel accept my returned lambskin? help!

I agree that if you love this bag, keep it. The last time I went to the Chanel boutique in Amsterdam (to exchange my cabas) there was nothing I would even have liked as a present.

It looks as if things are not set to improve for Spring.

But you would know best. And only the boutique can decide if they want it back, so better you contact them :smile:.

Good luck!

So even if I don't see anything else I like, you think there might be a possibility that they won't even have a lambskin classic? I thought that because it is a brand new store, if I went there in the first week they would be pretty stocked up?

Not necessarily and because you bought the bag in a different store you would just get a store credit for the store you bought the bag in so you wouldn't be able to use it in the new store and I highly doubt that Chanel will accept the creases as a damaged purse because that's the only time when you can get your money back from Chanel.
IMO it looks like it that you either have to keep it or exchange it against a differnt bag within the store you ordered it from.

Not necessarily and because you bought the bag in a different store you would just get a store credit for the store you bought the bag in so you wouldn't be able to use it in the new store and I highly doubt that Chanel will accept the creases as a damaged purse because that's the only time when you can get your money back from Chanel.
IMO it looks like it that you either have to keep it or exchange it against a differnt bag within the store you ordered it from.

No, this isn't true in my case. I bought my bag from the Chanel boutique in Selfridges. The return policy for Selfridges is refund or exchange within 28 days, so I am entitled to a refund.

And did you check if this return policy is the same for the Chanel boutique department?

Yes it is the same. I asked. I also have the receipt which is a normal Selfridges receipt with the 28 day refund policy. I once bought something from the LV boutique in Selfridges but they have their own returns policy and their own LV receipt.

That's good to know. If I were you, then I would ask for a refund and use the money to buy a new one when the new Chanel boutique opens.

This way you won't have to exchange your bags over and over again and hopefully you will find one that you really love.

That's good to know. If I were you, then I would ask for a refund and use the money to buy a new one when the new Chanel boutique opens.

This way you won't have to exchange your bags over and over again and hopefully you will find one that you really love.

This exactly what I feel I should do now. Although I love the bag I've got there's something inside that tells me I should see different ones in person so I can choose one I really like. Otherwise, I might regret it. I'm just worried that Chanel might not accept it back because I creased the bag quite a lot when I opened it.

In case I can't find anything better, do most Chanel boutiques have the medium classic lambskin in black, gold hardware, all the time?

I don't see how opening the bag once causing a crease can be considered normal wear and tear. That could happen in the store while you're just looking at it.

If I opened a bag and it creased on me, I'd be livid. Do all the timeless clutches do this or just the lambskin? Or was it just this bag inparticular?

Just the lambskin I think. It creases really easily, but I actually like that about it. To be honest I think I will just keep the bag I have because I do really like it. I will just have stay away from the new Chanel boutique for a while so I don't see something I might like better!

I don't see how opening the bag once causing a crease can be considered normal wear and tear. That could happen in the store while you're just looking at it.

If I opened a bag and it creased on me, I'd be livid. Do all the timeless clutches do this or just the lambskin? Or was it just this bag inparticular?

I won't consider a crease is normal wear and tear, so please do not misinterpret my note. I thought the OP said there are a lot of creases, not a crease. Bottom line, I would not return a bag which is not in the original condition, but it's just me.