Will Cartier repair something bought preowned?

DrDior

Yes? May I help you?
Jan 13, 2012
Nowhere near you.
I’m eyeing white gold bracelets and trying to decide whether to go pre-owned or store bought. The problem with white is the rhodium plating wears and it will need to be replated at some point, and Im not taking it down to the local mall.

On the other hand ... errr ... arm, I have a strong aversion to paying premium $$ & taxes on something Im just going to bang up anyway.

What to do ... what to do ...

Any ideas?

Reactions: Ilovetandco

juliemaggio

May 29, 2019
Obviously you stated that they will need to be replated, so I can only state my personal experience, but I do caution against the rhodium plated items. My wife’s engagement ring is a love with diamonds and it legitimately looks like ****. It’s 2 years old and of course it’s prone to scratches, like all of my bracelets and rings, but this looks like a banged up hunk of junk. You’d think she was doing manual labor daily! She works at home on a computer and sometimes doesn’t even wear her ring! We had it replated before our wedding ($250, August 2020) and after one week it looks decrepit again. While the ring is initially stunning I’ve not seen any of our other Cartier pieces look so bad!
Obviously this is just my experience, and I didn’t mean it to come off so anti-rhodium, but clearly I was feeling some type of way

Reactions: BVnewbie and DrDior

DrDior

Yes? May I help you?
Jan 13, 2012
Nowhere near you.
Obviously you stated that they will need to be replated, so I can only state my personal experience, but I do caution against the rhodium plated items. My wife’s engagement ring is a love with diamonds and it legitimately looks like ****. It’s 2 years old and of course it’s prone to scratches, like all of my bracelets and rings, but this looks like a banged up hunk of junk. You’d think she was doing manual labor daily! She works at home on a computer and sometimes doesn’t even wear her ring! We had it replated before our wedding ($250, August 2020) and after one week it looks decrepit again. While the ring is initially stunning I’ve not seen any of our other Cartier pieces look so bad!
Obviously this is just my experience, and I didn’t mean it to come off so anti-rhodium, but clearly I was feeling some type of way
Thanks for this. And no worries, I’d be feeling some type of way too! That sucks.