Will Cartier add diamonds to a LOVE bracelet after purchase?

surfergirljen

Ooooh, pretty!
O.G.
Feb 24, 2009
Just wondering if they ever do this! Anyone ever heard of them doing this? I almost wish I'd bought the 4 or 5 diamond version but too late now! :P Wouldn't mind adding them if I could!

Or would you ever trust a good jeweller to do that? Would it be hard?

No, unfortunately I just asked this question @ Cartier last week. She also said that if we had someone else do this, then Cartier would no longer service it (i.e. polish).

I was thinking the same thing, that I wished I would have bought the 4 diamond love. My SA just said the same thing, no to altering it. Jen, do you think you will get another love bracelet. I feel like there is this crazy urge to get a second one.

i don't think cartier will do it, nor would i want a jeweler to do it after-market. maybe you could ask cartier to do an exchange since i know you hardly wear your love bracelet.

I was thinking the same thing, that I wished I would have bought the 4 diamond love. My SA just said the same thing, no to altering it. Jen, do you think you will get another love bracelet. I feel like there is this crazy urge to get a second one.

i feel that "crazy urge" for a second one all the time lol. i would really like another rose gold but with full diamonds.

^ yes, the price of one is more than a tennis bracelet that I saw but I have a feeling that this summer I will have to get another one.

Thanks ladies... that's pretty much what I thought. I've been wearing my YG one for about 6 months and have had it engraved, so even if I could have it polished and sell it I wouldn't... I feel like it's mine now! :smile: Would just feel wrong to un-engrave it too. I do love it... and at the time the price for 4 little diamonds was ridiculously high to me. It still is to be honest! BUT I kind of wish now that it has some patina to it that it had something that sparkled a bit now too. I will definitely fall into the "having it polished to new every few years" camp! Don't hate the scratches but have no attachment to them, that's for sure! :smile: I can't imagine someone after market figuring out how to get a diamond in there anyway, just thought Cartier might do it for a price. Oh well!

Maybe one day I might get another but I think I'd rather get something different to stack with it instead. I think I only ever really wanted one... We'll see!