will BV mend scuffs?

shu

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
I've heard that Chanel will take bags with scuffed corners and refurbish them? Was wondering if BV will do the same. I've been kind of rough to one of my bags (throwing it around) and looking at the corners, you can see the wear. Is there anything I can do for that? Or just live with the wear? Thanks!

Hi, shu! Yes, BV does refurbishing services, for a fee. When I brought my campana for a cleaning and reconditioning recently, the SAs said that they often get pretty beaten up bags but they come back as new! However, I also remember that they would only guarantee the classic colour bags for a complete refurbishment. I'd say give your SA a call and find out more details!

My braided handle tote had actual nicks/rips in the leather and BV repaired it for a nominal fee. My stamped studded veneta was losing it's color on the tops of the studs shortly after I bought it and BV fixed it for free. It's there now for a total going over...scuffed corners, a few worn areas (it's my favorite, most used bag). There will be a fee for this trip but it's worth it! My understanding is that the repairs are done in NYC. I know it didn't take very long at all.

hi - does BV already fix scuff marks if the bag wasn't purchased at a boutique, but at saks, e.g.?

Yes, they'll work on any authentic BV bag.

I'm not sure what the policy is on whether or not they charge for repairs. I think that if the problem isn't caused by a defect, they usually charge a small fee.

Sometimes the repairs are done by local craftspeople; not all repairs are sent to Italy. Just FYI.

I have a bag in that's being repaired and reconditioned for a friend, and it's being done locally.

thank you for your responses! i have a medium campana and it has normal wear and tear on the base edges. i've had it for more than a year so i'm not sure how much it may cost. on the other hand, any possibility of a product that might fix this without BV professionals?