Will anyone here be getting Wii Fit?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think this is a great crowd to ask since I'm sure Wii Fit will attract a lot of ladies.

I just pre-ordered my copy from my local EB Games yesterday. I was told the retail is set to around $99 CAD but I read somewhere it'll be $89.99...either way, I think it's a great price for something like that!!

At first I thought it was a stupid idea: why exercise using a gaming console when you can hit the gym?

But then after watching the marketing video for it on You Tube, I realized how much more fun it can make exercising. I absolutely HATE working out simply because it's boring. With the Wii Fit, however, the exercising is integrated into the games and so it'll make exercising a lot more fun. I was sold on this after seeing that there's a snowboarding game to help improve balance! I just started snowboarding this past winter and I think balance is what I REALLY need to work on.

Another thing I find with working out is it's hard to keep track of my progress. I mean I could weigh myself, measure myself and stuff but let's just say I have trouble measuring myself...I just don't know where to measure. I mean, let's say I'm measuring my waist. I'd start where my belly button is, and move up, up, up...okay where do I stop?? I think the Wii Fit keeps track of your progress using your BMI, which isn't a very good measure of fitness since it doesn't take muscle mass into account, but at least if I see an upward or downward trend in my BMI I know it's something to do with working out. It also measures your center of gravity at the beginning and through the "training" you'll fix it if you're off.

There's balance training, aerobics, yoga, and exercises to train specific parts of your body.

Is anyone else going to get this too? Have you pre-ordered it? Apparently some stores are saying it'll sell better than games like Halo 3...and the shelf life will be less than 24 hours.

It comes out May 19th, I can't wait!!!

2. I'm with you on this one. I signed up for an alert from Amazon.com. I wonder if I should just pre-order from EB Games instead? Are you guaranteed a copy that way, I'm assuming?

3. I preordered it as well.
    I have a gym subscription and I work out regularly, but there's no reason why I shouldn't work out some more and have more fun while doing it ;)

4. I definitely think you should pre-order from EB Games or another gaming store instead. I read somewhere they aren't accepting pre-orders anywhere online any more, so you'd have to fight with the other people waiting to buy it online. I'm just fearing it'll sell out within hours and I'll miss it.

Where I waitlisted, there were about 20 people in front of me on the list, but the sales guy said they expect this to be very popular so there should be enough for everyone (on the list at least).
    My boyfriend waitlists at EB Games a LOT and he said he always gets the game he pre-ordered because they make sure they have enough to cover everyone on the list first. Now, this is for the EB games in my city, which has population of just over 1 million, of course I'm not sure about the bigger cities...

5. this makes me want a wii!!!

6. Well, I just called my local EB Games. I need to go in and give them a $10 deposit, but that will guarantee me a copy. I'll stop in on Monday ...

7. Sounds very cool. I don't have a wii, but I would definitely get one just so I could do the workouts! I'm just afraid that I will never see my bf again once he gets ahold of it though...

8. That's good to hear! :tup:

9. Ooooh! I didn't realize the release date was so close! I thought about getting Dance Dance Revolution (and was planning on closing the blinds when using it) but I think I'll hold out and order the Wii Fit instead. I signed up on the Amazon alerts too. :woot:

10. I saw it at toys t us (for pre order) but decided to wait and see some reviews.

11. me and my husband are planning on buying it!

12. I can't even express how excited I am about this release. I have what my foot doctor calls "chronic ankle instability" and the balancing exercises on this game pack will be amazing for me.

13. I'm looking forward to the balance exercises as well. The tight rope walking seems sooo cool! And I love how yoga's included. I'm a pilates girl but wouldn't mind learning yoga as well.