will anthracite come back?

mutt lover

Feb 2, 2010
I apologize if this has been discussed or should be posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything in a search. I want to get an Anthracite City as my first Bal, and at the moment I'm not having any luck finding in store or new online, but it's not urgent as I am planning to get it in a few months. I need to save up a little more and it's also part of a reward for quitting smoking but only if I hit a certain big milestone (and it's working because I really, really want this bag, far more than I want to smoke).

Anyway, how often does Bal introduce new/seasonal colors, and do they re-use colors? I'm wondering if I can expect more Cities to be put out in Anthracite (for example at balenciaga.com), or if I'm going to be stuck tracking one down. I have nothing against consignment but I want to purchase a new one.

Any help appreciated!! I don't want to get to the point where I'm allowed to buy it and then not be able to find one!! :smile:

comete

Pomeraniam luv's
Nov 30, 2008
USA-NJ
I know that Bill the SA in NY BB told me when I ordered and got mine that he had a PT GGH and a City GGH ordered to come in next few months summer. I did not ask about RH as I was on the hunt for GGH.
He said in few months he would be getting:
In GGH PT
Anthra
Black
Castanga
Sang
In City GGH
Black
Anthra
Castanga
Sang
Saraha

Now he had in NY GGH
Ruby
Pomier
Sahara

Hope this helps any looking for GGH :biggrin:

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
In bag fantasy
I apologize if this has been discussed or should be posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything in a search. I want to get an Anthracite City as my first Bal, and at the moment I'm not having any luck finding in store or new online, but it's not urgent as I am planning to get it in a few months. I need to save up a little more and it's also part of a reward for quitting smoking but only if I hit a certain big milestone (and it's working because I really, really want this bag, far more than I want to smoke).

Anyway, how often does Bal introduce new/seasonal colors, and do they re-use colors? I'm wondering if I can expect more Cities to be put out in Anthracite (for example at balenciaga.com), or if I'm going to be stuck tracking one down. I have nothing against consignment but I want to purchase a new one.

Any help appreciated!! I don't want to get to the point where I'm allowed to buy it and then not be able to find one!! :smile:

Email aloha rag now! they just restocked the anthra, so you'll be sure to get a brand spanking new one! :biggrin:

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
^^ Good advice!

Plus like redskater said - the past is any indication of the future, Anthracite in some form another will be back. You can count on that.

mutt lover

Feb 2, 2010
Follow up question...I've been reading about how the same color different years can have different undertones, specifically green or blue with Anthra. Just read a thread suggesting it was green for 2010. Does it REALLY look that different in person?

I really wanted one this year, and a new one, but I definitely think I would rather blue undertones than green...Ack!