will a small laptop fit?

Kyung Hwa

Oct 8, 2009
California
I'm still on the hunt for my first BV. I think I have narrowed it down to the Large Veneta in Nero or the New Pyramid in Ferro. Reading the advice you lovely ladies have been giving others and mulling over all the great pics has helped a lot.

I really want something super comfortable on the shoulder. My concerns about the New Pyramid is how comfortable the strap and hardware will be on the shoulder and if it feels uncomfortably bulky under the arm. On the other hand, I love the look of the large veneta. From what I've read it seems to be the most comfortable but I'm concerned that I'm going to feel like I'm stirring/pulling bingo numbers out of a big bowl every time I need something where the New Pyramid seems like it might be easier to find things because of the wider base? One more twist... my DH is getting me an iPad for a late anniversary gift (I think my gadget addiction may be worse than my handbag addiction). Anyway, I plan on toting that thing around with me everywhere. The dimesions of it are supposed to be 9.5 x 7.5 x 0.5. I think it's a similar size to a netbook. So, my question is, is this going to work? Does anyone ever carry their small laptop in their BV or should I just get something smaller to use when for I don't have my oversized iPod Touch? I've also been eyeing the Medium Belly but it looks like it might be too small for the iPad.

For reference I'm 5'6" 110lbs. One last note, I don't like bags that are huge and really want a medium size bag that is shoulder carry and light weight. TIA!

Last edited:

glamstudio

O.G.
May 8, 2006
i don't have the ipad - how i wish! a friend used to carry her netbook in the large veneta. it fits but personally i wouldn't do it. the veneta looks nice when it's worn close to the body, and putting a wide gadget in there might feel awkward, like fitting a square into a round hole. but given the ipad is much slimmer than a netbook, it might just work...

good luck with your search!

Kyung Hwa

Oct 8, 2009
California
Hmm. I was concerned about this. I've studied all the measurements but I know a lot of the BVs have that wonderful drape so I was thinking it might be awkward. I was also looking at some version of the Ball. Maybe I just need to save my BV purchase for another time.

Last edited:

Kyung Hwa

Oct 8, 2009
California
thanks doloresmia and glamstudio. I had to drive into L.A. yesterday and I stopped by BV in Beverly Hills. I finally got to see and try on all these beautiful bags I've been drooling over on my computer. I've decided I need to scratch the idea of carrying my future iPad around in my BV and get something I really want. I looked at the New Pyramid, Sloane, all the different versions of the Veneta, etc. I fell in love with the Large Veneta and the Medium Veneta both in ebano and nero. Now I just have to decide the size and color before I make my way back to BH in a couple weeks. Probably gonna drag my DH down there to help me decide. Lol. Ebano is such a beautiful color but I'm thinking I should go with the large in nero to start. Boring but practical and probably the most useful.

Last edited:

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
thanks doloresmia and glamstudio. I had to drive into L.A. yesterday and I stopped by BV in Beverly Hills. I finally got to see and try on all these beautiful bags I've been drooling over on my computer. I've decided I need to scratch the idea of carrying my future iPad around in my BV and get something I really want. I looked at the New Pyramid, Sloane, all the different versions of the Veneta, etc. I fell in love with the Large Veneta and the Medium Veneta both in ebano and nero. Now I just have to decide the size and color before I make my way back to BH in a couple weeks. Probably gonna drag my DH down there to help me decide. Lol. Ebano is such a beautiful color but I'm thinking I should go with the large in nero to start. Boring but practical and probably the most useful.
soooo glad you got to try on the BVs! that is the best way... and the SAs in BH are very nice aren't they. just a thought though, and many ladies have had this experience, once you buy one they multiply:P therefore get what you love, you can always get black later. ebano and nero are classic colors and will be available every season. IMO ebano wears very well with black outfits.

Kyung Hwa

Oct 8, 2009
California
Thanks for the suggestion doloresmia. You are always so sweet and helpful.:flowers: I am really considering ebano. It's beautiful in both. BUT, like you said they will always be available so I will definitely have to see what other colors they have when I go back. You are right about the SAs in BH. Very nice and very helpful. It was such a nice change from experiences I've had in other boutiques in BH. I can't wait to go back!

One last question. I love seeing the pics you post from the SA in Hawaii. I was wondering if the prices are different there? I know Hawaii gets things that aren't available in the mainland (as the Hawaiians call it) like the mini cabat (which I think I may have to get eventually) but I know the Prada prices are lower in Hawaii and I was wondering if it's the same for BV. I'm going to Maui in a week and a half. Woohoo! Anyway, it might be worth a trip to the BV there if it will save me some money.

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
Thanks for the suggestion doloresmia. You are always so sweet and helpful.:flowers: I am really considering ebano. It's beautiful in both. BUT, like you said they will always be available so I will definitely have to see what other colors they have when I go back. You are right about the SAs in BH. Very nice and very helpful. It was such a nice change from experiences I've had in other boutiques in BH. I can't wait to go back!

One last question. I love seeing the pics you post from the SA in Hawaii. I was wondering if the prices are different there? I know Hawaii gets things that aren't available in the mainland (as the Hawaiians call it) like the mini cabat (which I think I may have to get eventually) but I know the Prada prices are lower in Hawaii and I was wondering if it's the same for BV. I'm going to Maui in a week and a half. Woohoo! Anyway, it might be worth a trip to the BV there if it will save me some money.
sadly no, i think prices in US are standard. however, bryan gets a great selection that sometimes is unavailable on the mainland just because Hawaii is a destination. if you get a chance, definitely email him and visit! he would love it!

Kyung Hwa

Oct 8, 2009
California
Thanks again! I have spent the last couple days going over all the different pics and posts of the veneta and have finally decided on the medium veneta in nero. I have recently sold all my handbags and started over. I currently only own one good size tote/hobo-ish black Prada for lugging around all my crap worry-free and decided that a smaller black bag should be my next purchase. I will be ordering it soon! Can't wait! Ebano is such a beautiful color though. I can see why everyone loves it so much. I will definitely have to own something ebano.

I think Bryan is in Honolulu? I will be in Maui and a good hour drive from the BV there so I probably won't make it but I do plan on getting a Mini Cabat, maybe even be my next purchase!, and I will definitely contact Bryan for that!

Thanks again for being so sweet and helpful.

Last edited:

bags4fun

Crazy about tennis!!
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Kansas City
Is there a BV on Maui? I didn't realize that. I will be there in a week and a half also!
Congrats on your first BV!

Kyung Hwa

Oct 8, 2009
California
There's one in Wailea. We're going next week on Friday! Maui is so beautiful and relaxing, isn't it? Not looking forward to the 5 hour flight with my toddler but really looking forward to some down time. We're staying on the northern part of the island so I'm pretty sure we're not going to make the hour drive down to Wailea but you never know...

bags4fun

Crazy about tennis!!
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Kansas City
I guess I haven't been to Wailea. We will be over on the north/west side too. Probably too far away for me to expect the family to go there. :biggrin: Have a great trip!