Travel Wild West Adventure

PrincessMe

Thank You God <3
O.G.
Aug 27, 2006

Wildflowers everywhere​

I just got home from a trip out West. It was alot of fun to see all the places the original cowboys, like Wild Bill & Calamity Jane, spent their time. So much is exactly the same, many of the buildings are the original buildings. It was like stepping back in time. For a NYC girl like me, I was like a fish out of water :wtf:

I stayed in Historic Deadwood, South Dakota at the Bullock Hotel, which is said to be haunted by Sheriff Seth Bullock. While I was there, I won almost $200 at slots which was very exciting, esp for me since I've never won anything before!

I ate at Kevin Costner's restaurent, Jake's Steakhouse..sooo delicious!!! & had unbelieveably delicious homemade raspberry truffles from Chubby Chipmunks, which I just found out were featured in Rachel Ray's magazine!

chubbychipmunklogofiles003.jpg

http://www.chubbychipmunk.net/OnlineCatalog.html

It was so much fun to go to Bar 10, scarey but defintely fun! This is the site where Wild Bill was shot while playing cards. You felt like an old fashioned gun fight could still erupt at any moment! Upstairs at the Social Club, they serve scrumptous entrees, a spot not to be missed!

The highlite of my trip was when I went horseback riding thru the sacred Black Hills with an authentic cowboy, named Andy of Andy's Trail Rides of Deadwood.
heading.jpg

Yes, he was very hot!! He took us thru the mountains where we saw wild elk, eagles and deer. It was all so breathtakingly beautiful.
We rode thru streams, went flying thru mud..these horses were scared of nothing!

Andy's website is www.andystrailrides.com It was a completely amazing adventure that I highly recommend!

http://www.chubbychipmunk.net/images/graphics/chubbychipmunklogofiles003.jpg

Roads that go on forever..
006.JPG
012.jpg

A waterfall they called Wedding Veil bc of its delicate look

020.JPG

I was terrified of flying so this photo means alot to me
027.JPG
Where are all the buildings?? lol

Last edited:
Thanks redney :hugs: actually i had to go there with dh on business otherwise I probably would never have been there!! I wanted to post all the fun things one could possibly do if they are ever in the same situation as me~

another fun thing though was that I found some really beautiful silver pieces (jewlery) and i also bought a pair of really really gorgeous riding boots!!

Last edited: