Wide calf boots

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know a place or a website that sells wide calf boots. I can never wear boots up my knees because I can never zip them up. Or I can't put my skinny jeans in them :sad: Anybody have suggestions?

2. I am interested to as I have a 16inches montrosity of a calve..or a cankle *sigh*

3. I have a semi cankle....if that makes any sense. I just have athletic short legs....big sigh :shrugs::shrugs:

4. I haven't personally bought any, but I work in the footwear industry and have heard good things about this place:

http://www.duoboots.com/products/boots/

Also, if you google "wide calf boots", you will find quite a few websites that sell these now. Even on Ebay, there are quite a selection.

Also if you can find a really good cobbler, you can usually have boots altered. If you pick a classic style that won't date too quickly, it is worthwhile trying to do this. A good leatherworker can usually add an extra panel of leather along the inside zip area. It won't be cheap and you need to pick a simple style of boot for this to work, but I have seen it done successfully. Slim legged girls can have boots taken in too.

5. oscarlilytc- do they sell to US????

6. ^^They do sell to the US. Also, check Zappos, they actually have a good range of wide-calf boots.

7. There are several threads on this, the one that deals with all kinds of wide calf boots (not just over the knee) is this one: Calling all ladies with athletic calves RE. boots There are lots of different brands posted in there.

I just discovered JCrew boots, and I love them.

8. I recently found a great company that specializes in wide calf boots and they are located in the US - http://www.Widewidths.com. It sure beats having to pay for shipping all the way from the UK from Duo! They carry really beautiful styles that are great for big calf women and since I have a 19" calf, I was thrilled to find them. I got a gorgeous pair of high heel boots Maryland http://www.widewidths.com/maryland.html and I am waiting for my second pair to arrive this week which are a pair of low heel riding boots. I had to call them for advice and the people on the phone are really helpful.

9. I too have wide calves but I find on all the "wide calf" boot sites, the boots aren't anywhere near as trendy and fun as the boots I see in other stores.... and jcrew, is it me or do they not post the width of the extended calf sizes?

10. I never knew I had wide calves until I couldn't fit them into some boots :lol:

I just measured my calf at the widest point with jeans on and now I know how big of an opening I need, which is usually 15".

I have seen some websites that carry widecalf boots only. I know Naturalizer usually has extended calf sizes as well.

11. JCrew has it, when you're looking at a boot, you have to click on size charts. The extended sizes are listed as EC and then the style name.

12. I went to Lane Bryant with my mother the other day. And since they have plus size clothes I tried on there boots to see if they fit. And they did! Maybe even a little big! And the best thing was that they were 40% off so that made them only 39.00!!!

13. Oh this is a great thread! My roommate has been complaining about not being able to find boots that fit her calf. I will refer her to these websites! Thanks! :biggrin:

14. ^ I'm so checking out the OTK boots... i really want a pair but most are too difficult to pull on!