Wicked...The Musical

mawygrrl23

Mrs. Do
Jan 4, 2009
Hello All!
My hubbie just told me that he got VIP tickets for Wicked!!! I've never been to a musical but for some reason have been dying to go to this one.
Any recommendations on what to wear? I have no clue what people wear to musicals. I'm located in Austin, TX.

Thanks! :smile:

devoted7

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I went to go see Wicked a few years back. I absolutely loved it!

I wore a dress, with some pumps and one of my designer handbags.

Depending on how "upscale" your theater looks, you can where whatever you like. The theater I was at is really nice. I saw many people really really really dressed up and others not...they were very casual. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can really wear whatever you want. Just not the whole "scrubs" outfit. LOL. Have fun!

mawygrrl23

Mrs. Do
Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for your input =)

I just don't want to over do my look or under do it..lol..I don't know if it makes sence.

Onederland

homo-a-gogo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
new york.
it depends on the time of day. if its matinee you can go more casual, for the evening, a little more dressy, but you still don't have to go all out.

Sep 23, 2006
I would say wear a nice dress or skirt and some pumps. Also, bring a light cardigan or jacket because some most theatres are drafty. I would say avoid jeans and flip flops of any kind all together. Dress comfortably but nice. Maybe like what you would wear to a nice dinner date out with the hubby.

BellaShoes

Stronger for it...
O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
Beside someone who loves me...
'If you care to find me...look to the western sky!!!!!!!'

OMG! My hubby surprised me with orchestra seats for our anniversary! It was spectacular!!

ITA...matinee can be casual (I mean we saw everything from shorts..which I do not recommend... to jeans to dressy)..evening...anything from date night attire to dressy..have fun!

bebedawl

O.G.
Jan 14, 2008
Hertfordshire, England
I've seen Wicked 3 times! Last time was Saturday, such a wonderful show!!

I've been to evening and matinee shows and seen people dressed in suits, jeans, trainers etc. I normally wear a pair of nice jeans and a smart top and pumps.

bubbleloba

In LaLa Land
Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
San Francisco
You can wear whatever your heart desires. I have seen people in cocktail dresses but also seen people in jeans as well (for musical and symphony shows).

Mar 19, 2007
nyc.
Such an amazing show! I suggest a dress that you'll feel great in. Something simple & classy. You will be sitting for 2.5 hours so make sure it's comfy too.

Jun 18, 2007
I just wore a simple print dress and nice shoes- pretty earrings and bag too! I was happy, because it turned out we had front row seats! It's such an amazing show- you're going to love it!

mawygrrl23

Mrs. Do
Jan 4, 2009
Thank you all for your input! You girls helped me a lot =) Tonight is the night. I can't wait.

BTW: I'll be wearing some back Elizabeth and James pants, dark gray simple tank, black pumps and my new MJ bag :love: