Why would fashion forward SJP dress her son in such a horrid manner ?

^ it seems as if the majority of people who answered your question ARE parents, including myself. if you started this thread to only find people who agree with you, maybe you should have titled it "i hate how SJP dresses her son" or something more neutral.

normally, i wouldn't have posted again in this thread, but your responses toward those who don't agree with you are coming across really insultingly, at least to me. and since you posted no pictures supporting your question, i thought i would look around and see just how awful and degrading the ways in which SJP has been dressing her son.

i just went thru the other SJP thread and pulled some pics of her with her son. in which picture does he look like a "transvestite" or a "marionette"? i believe those are your descriptions. could it be the outfit with the crocs? i think my son has the same pants actually. and i think he looks adorable. in fact, in most of the pics it looks as if they have on very similar outfits.

and are you seriously calling those of us who don't agree with your assessment of her choices for her sons outfits stupid because we can't "do the heavy mathematics" and realize that his pants are too short? i don't think anyone has called you an idiot for caring so much about how someone else's kid who has no relationship with you is dressed. i think everyone here took your question as a question and answered it in their own opinion.

i guess SJP and i are both terrible parents because sometimes our kids wear gender neutral clothes or things that are too big or too small. call the child services fashion police if you will, but he sure looks happy to me.
I don't have a scanner so I couldn't post the picture from inside the Star magazine but these pictures that YOU posted are definitely an exception to what I am talking about. I just didn't understand why someone who seems to care so much about her appearance would not really seem to care about her child's appearance. It is fine that she doesn't I just don't understand that. Of course everyone has their own opinion as to why but not really addressing the question by saying he is cute or looks happy. That is wonderful but that wasn't the question but it is however the most important thing. Since someone else pointed out that she really doesn't care about fashion and has a stylist that does that for her and then posted that in her interview (I also looked up more details of this interview) that she beleives that buying him new clothes is "spoiling" him. This to me is kind of dumb. I would feel like I were spoiling my kids if I bought them toys and candy every day regardless of how they act but most kids don't care about clothing, it is a necessity in my opinion. If my son grows out of his pants, I have clothing in his closet that he can wear that will fit him. I buy ahead from the last year at the end of the season and knowing that at some point he will grow into them I have them available. That doesn't seem really hard to do and I am not a celebrity married to a celebrity who make millions of dollars. That is fine that she doesn't care that her son's pants fit or that he looks discheveled all of the time. She obviously doesn't care since they are photographed everwhere they go. My family is not photographed every where we go, I just want them to wear clothing that fits, is not outdated, no rips no buttons missing etc. No the extreme of having to have designer clothing, just looking good and teaching good grooming skills.

Ok not to beat the dead horse but I just looked at the picture. The kid has hair down past his shoulders, wearing a black Nehru jacket,grey velour pants with elastics on the bottom the fall between his knees and ankles, and white leather shoes with brown soles with dark blue socks. There is no way he wanted to wear that outfit and picked it himself.

Its actually a purse forum. But whether or not some of the threads are about fashion, its mostly about the fashion of celebrities, not their young children.

ETA: I've still yet to understand why there is so much concern about a child wearing hand me downs? If he was not being taken care of, or being abused, I could understand the concern. Guess I just won't understand. Well anyways, carry on.

yeah I guess it's just different (for me) when it's children different rules apply. He's a well taken care of child. I wouldn't dress my children this way but hey when dh dresses them they could give this boy a run for his money:shocked:. But each parent and child is different. Most days my 4.5 year old listens well but some day she wants to pick her clothes out. To me it's not worth having an upset child, i would rather have her dressed, fed and on with her day.....jmho though. i have battles with my children as though are growing beings, this to me is so small it's not worth the upset FOR ME.

yeah I guess it's just different (for me) when it's children different rules apply. He's a well taken care of child. I wouldn't dress my children this way but hey when dh dresses them they could give this boy a run for his money:shocked:. But each parent and child is different. Most days my 4.5 year old listens well but some day she wants to pick her clothes out. To me it's not worth having an upset child, i would rather have her dressed, fed and on with her day.....jmho though. i have battles with my children as though are growing beings, this to me is so small it's not worth the upset FOR ME.

ITA with you. Lol@ the way your DH dresses them.

Its actually a purse forum. But whether or not some of the threads are about fashion, its mostly about the fashion of celebrities, not their young children.

ETA: I've still yet to understand why there is so much concern about a child wearing hand me downs? If he was not being taken care of, or being abused, I could understand the concern. Guess I just won't understand. Well anyways, carry on.
Well unfortunately if you are associated with a huge show like Sex in the City and play a fashion icon, you are going to be scrutinized for what you wear and how you dress your child especially if it is a way that makes him look like she picked through one of those clothing donation bins at the Stop and Shop and just put on him whatever she managed to pull out. That is the price that celebrities have to pay for having fame and fortune and having their kids in the public eye all of the time.

again you are missing the point. My son wears hand me downs too, however they fit him. His pants cover his entire leg. I am not making this my life mission or anything it is a post in a fashion forum.

I guess I understand what you're saying. I don't think SJP does this on purpose though, because when she is not at a red carpet event, she doesn't dress her best either. :shrugs: To each their own though.