Why would buyer do this?

ladybaby78

Feb 13, 2010
I had an item up for auction and had one bidder at the end. The bidder has yet to pay, since the auction ended two days ago, but he/she already posted a positive feedback, without even receiving the item. Why would he/she do that?

I'm cynical. Maybe the buyer posted positive feedback but gave you low numbers just to hurt your status and has no intention of paying.

Then again, maybe the buyer bought several items and gave you feedback she meant for another item.

I've had buyers leave feedback immediately, usually just for good will and hoping you'll send the package quickly :smile: Sometimes there's no malicious intent at all - just someone really happy with their purchase and excited to get it.

I've had buyers leave feedback immediately, usually just for good will and hoping you'll send the package quickly :smile: Sometimes there's no malicious intent at all - just someone really happy with their purchase and excited to get it.

Yes, that would make sense, but buyer has not paid. And buyers know sellers won't ship till payment has been received.

How do I find out if they were low numbers?
If it is a new member, it is likely she just made a mistake in giving you feedback.

As far as I know, you can't see individual numbers from a particular transaction, but if you have any 1s or 2s, they should show up in your seller dashboard under defect rate. I don't know how long it takes for them to show up there.

How do I find out if they were low numbers?

If it is a new member, it is likely she just made a mistake in giving you feedback.

As far as I know, you can't see individual numbers from a particular transaction, but if you have any 1s or 2s, they should show up in your seller dashboard under defect rate. I don't know how long it takes for them to show up there.

eBay does have a tool for running reports and you can find which buyers dinged DSRs but it can be a complicated process and you need at least 10 perfect all 5s feedbacks as a baseline.

But as whateve said, your seller dashboard will tell you whether you received 1s and 2s.