Why we choose Bal over other brands?

May 21, 2006
A friend of mine wanted to know why we Balenciaga lovers choose this brand for bags over other brands? Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion. :biggrin:

I tried many search word options but could not find the old thread about it, so mods if you are able to merge this, thanks so much! :smile:

I'll try to answer this too... I love this brand because of all the colors, and the leather, and the thrill of the hunt for the perfect one. ;)

The weight got me. So light, highly functional, great soft leather, structure AND slouch (thinking of city and work). Then, the nuance of the neutral colors. Many shades of brown!

There is actually an old thread like this but I can't remember what it was called.

For me it is the leather, they're lightweight, very functional and as maxxout said; structure AND slouch! Oh and the tassels ... love tassels :P
The RH bags are just me.

what I love most about the bags is that they are so easy to wear! I have a lot of other nice bags, miu miu, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Marni... but most of them (not LV) seem to require a certain dress code. Balenciaga I can wear with literally everything from trackpants to evening gown.

and every season finds it´s lover! I like the idea, that the bags don´t get old or "last season" but are appreciated for their differences.

ok, checking and hunting is also part of the game!

There is actually an old thread like this but I can't remember what it was called.

For me it is the leather, they're lightweight, very functional and as maxxout said; structure AND slouch! Oh and the tassels ... love tassels :P
The RH bags are just me.

Yeah, I think there was one too! I couldn't find it for the life of me!! lol.

in order or importance or not (because it's all of it!):

leather
lightness
colors
no logos
tassels
smooshyness
coolness factor
goes with anything
don't see everyone else with one
exclusivity of the brand
all the different styles but still keeps the same vibe going

Yup, I agree that I love that there are no 'past season' styles. Obviously there are discontinued styles like the box but they become coveted in their own right. The colours are collectable, Bbags are effortlessly chic and cool IMO. I used to be really into Chloe and still have a couple but I find some of the styles a bit too classic for me- Balenciaga is pretty fresh and can be rocked at any age!

For me #1 is color. No one does colors quite like Bal. If you had asked me 5 years ago if I would own 10 bags in the same style, but different colors I would have thought that would definitely not be a good use of $$...but that was before I discovered Balenciaga. These bags just fit my lifestyle more than any other brand.

The RH bags are just me.

Could that be redskaters thread....why are we addicted to Bal bags? or something like that