Why was I told this?

Sep 8, 2010
I recently was told that I could not order an item that was made for Dillard's from my local FP store from a FP associate....only to call Coach and find out I could!! No big deal except I had a gift card from Coach I was wanting to use!! Now the wait begins-hope it is in perfect condition!!

Many items are department store exclusives - especially specific colors. If you called to order, you could have used your gift card over the phone. (I assume you mean you called Coach) - Sometimes the items don't show that they are available on the FP computers. I've had this happen several times.

Years ago I wanted to order a mini skinny and wristlet at the FP store, but they couldn't find them in their computers because they were department store exclusives. I just walked down to Macys and bought them there. You were probably able to order when you called headquarters because they have access to all items that are distributed.

Some stores are kind of clueless about merchandise. I have had many experiences where they didn't even know much about the merchandise they have on hand, much less other items (even with looking at the computer).

This happens a lot... it generally ends up easier to go with Jax to get it... I ordered a Kristin that was a Dept Exclusive and the store ended up having to get the DM involved and it took like 4 days to have it added to the system so I could order it... I think Jax could have done it straight off... lesson learned on that one

I think that happened to me once, with carnelian archival ramblers legacy, IIRC. The FP store said they couldn't order it at the time, but they called Jax for me and Jax told them to have me call Jax directly to order it and they would let me use my PCE. (Those were the good old days. :rolleyes:)

It is pretty! I saw it it Dillard's. It was so strange to me that they said they (FP) couldn't order their own product!! A phone order to Jax and it will be here Tuesday (so they say). As I said, I hope it's perfect and wrapped like a mummy!!