Why Uggs?

cllover

Aug 4, 2008
I admit to disliking them and putting them in the same category as crocs and footshoes! But maybe I can be convinced otherwise... What's the appeal, besides the celebrity fad? Is it the comfort, warmth, matchability?

I'm new to tPF, so if this has already been discussed ad nauseum, please direct me to the thread! :wondering

comfort and warmth! I used to hate these and now adore them b/c they keep my feet warm when the winter months hit and they're comfortable to be standing in all day!

Why not? I am from Australia originally and I was wearing these in the '70s. I have a short pair of black ones now and they are warm, comfortable and easy to pull on and off. I wear them in winter to go for walks, check the mail, run a quick errand, etc. I don't put these in teh same category as Crocs. Crocs are a fad, and Uggs have been around forever.

I always thought they were ugly during the ugg "craze" a few years ago, but when I finally tried on a pair last winter I fell in love! They are so snuggly soft and when I wear them to work I feel like I'm in my slippers all day. I'm definitely buying another pair in chestnut this winter.

I don't think they're on par with Crocs at all.

i find both pretty gross but uggs slightly less so. i suppose they are warm but when people wear them in the snow they get really nasty looking. also, i would avoid shoes that make your feet look like giant bear paws.

Thanks for all your comments! I admit to liking heels but my feet do need a break from blisters. I might try them on the next time I'm shoe shopping... :thinking:

Also, I'm 26 - do you think they are age appropriate for me? I tend to think of high schoolers or college students wearing them.

I know a lot of people that dislike how they look ('they' meaning both Crocs and Uggs) but admit that they're really comfy. Personally I don't think I'd wear either, as it never gets terribly cold here, and I'm addicted to flip flops.

I might consider them if I ever moved somewhere where it got cold enough to snow, but as I live in southern California, I would never buy them. I have a pair of Gucci shearling boots that are nice and warm (but still stylish), and that's as far as I will go.

When you're out walking the dog at 10PM in NYC in the winter, nothing beats a pair of Uggs and an ankle length North Face coat-functional, not beautiful LOL!!

Not exactly on topic, but these got to beat it all.
large.jpg

I dont like Crocs, But UGGS are soo cute! comfortable. Wicked for winter!!!!! keep you warm, u can take ur leggings or jeans in them, and prevents them from getting all wet and gross and stepped on.. Uggs are perfect for winter!!!