Why Uggs?

I admit to disliking them and putting them in the same category as crocs and footshoes! But maybe I can be convinced otherwise... What's the appeal, besides the celebrity fad? Is it the comfort, warmth, matchability?

that's EXACTLY how i feel.:yucky: I absolutely hate them-i hope im not hurting anyone's feelings here; it is strictly just my opinion I just think that you can still be very comfy, warm and STYLISH at the same time while wearing something other then the UGGlies!!

If you don't like the Ugg look, they also makes boots with the same sheepskin lining but a regular leather exterior and a more durable sole. Nothing especially cute but very comfy. Ugg also makes the best house slippers.
Thanks for all your comments.:winkiss: I'm still not reconciled to their look, but the house slippers idea might work. My feet get freezing cold in the winter, and not even socks will make them warm! Yeah, it snows/ices over in Nashville a few times each winter.

Not exactly on topic, but these got to beat it all.
large.jpg
Those made me laugh lol. Just awful.

that's EXACTLY how i feel.:yucky: I absolutely hate them-i hope im not hurting anyone's feelings here; it is strictly just my opinion I just think that you can still be very comfy, warm and STYLISH at the same time while wearing something other then the UGGlies!!

Can you make some specific recommendations? I'd honestly love to hear them. I'm not crazy about the way Uggs look either, but I don't know of another shoe quite as warm or comfy.

I wear them for comfort. I used to be one of the ones that thought they were ugly and just a fad........that is until I tried a pair on last winter and didn't want to take them off. Now I'm a believer! I always wear them when I know I'll be doing a lot of walking, like shopping. Now I have to listen to my best friend say how ugly they are and call them house slippers.

Not exactly on topic, but these got to beat it all.
large.jpg

I seriously saw someone at my school wearing these. He looked sooo ridiculous.

I like wearing Uggs simply for the warmth. I know they aren't attactive by any means, but if I have to be outside in the freezing Midwest winter weather, I would want to be wearing my Uggs.

I like Uggs because of the warmth and comfort. I don't really like the style of Uggs, but when winter comes, I love wearing my Uggs because they keep my feet warm. It gets pretty cold in New York sometimes.

I never liked Uggs, but I tried on a pair in the stores just to see if they were worth sacrificing looks for comfort. They were so hideously ugly, I had to take them off immediately.

So... I tried, but they will never be for me.