Why the Love for the Cartier Love?

Aligp56

O.G.
Aug 3, 2011
Hi Everybody, Just out of curiosity, why does everyone Love the Cartier Love bracelet so much?

Before I found TPF I had never heard of the Love. Then I went from not really liking it, to becoming slightly obsessed with getting one. I went into the Cartier boutique fully expecting to walk out with one, but the one I ordered was too small, so was disappointed in not getting one!

Now I"m back to wondering if I should spend the money on one at all!

So.....I ask all you Love bracelets owners, and those that have them on their wish lists, what is it about the Love that makes you want to own it?

Also, was there another bracelet that you were considering before deciding on the Love? Thanks for reading this! Allison

I have to admit the tpf did fuel my love of it...however I fell in love with the concept of it (ie what it symbolizes and the fact that it can't be taken off), it's simplicity, and the fact that it's discreet and not many people know what it is (where I live anyway).

To be honest, I didn't know about Cartier Love before I joined tPF but once I did I started noticing them often, I started to visit Cartier and fell in love with so many pieces there. They are so unique and such statement pieces. I find them so classy and elegant and I'm so glad that I was introduced to Cartier, for me its a matter of appreciation, you need to really love and apprecaite whatever piece you are considering, and that is more than enough to justify the price tag.

I did not know much about the love until recently, although a college boyfriend once bought me an "inspired" version (15 years ago or so). I've always liked the way bangles look but found the round shape to be very uncomfortable. Once I started paying attention to the love and it's shape I started wanting one. I've been wearing mine for four months and now I want a second!

I did not know much about the love until recently, although a college boyfriend once bought me an "inspired" version (15 years ago or so). I've always liked the way bangles look but found the round shape to be very uncomfortable. Once I started paying attention to the love and it's shape I started wanting one. I've been wearing mine for four months and now I want a second!

ITA! I forgot to mention that too, I used to love the way it looks on others and in photos and didn't know why exactly till I tried one on, its oval shape and the fact that it comes in different sizes make it so pretty and comfortable to be worn.

I had decided I wanted a gold bracelet for everyday, and started looking at bangles. I was looking into Ippolita, but it just seemed so expensive for something that would need to be stacked, in my opinion one wouldn't stand alone. Then here on TPF I saw the Love, I never thought I'd be able to get one due to the price, but you know how obsessing is...

I actually had first noticed it several years ago, when some celebrity was shown wearing it in a magazine. Something about it immediately drew my attention. I wish I'd bought it back then, as it was under $3000! I slowly started seeing it more and more over the past couple years, and suddenly it exploded on tPF, and I still really, really loved how it looked and even the symbolism behind it. I finally got two last year, and have never regretted it. For me personally, I've found if I love something immediately, the love usually lasts forever. :P

I actually (no offense to anyone) do not like it. I dont like anything that troublesome to remove. The rivet design has been copied extensively (as has VCA so that is hardly a reason not to get one but neverthrless. Lastly, I just dont find it that interesting...I like delicate bracelets or a bolder heavy cuff........it is a little too narrow for me

Hermesaholic said:
I actually (no offense to anyone) do not like it. I dont like anything that troublesome to remove. The rivet design has been copied extensively (as has VCA so that is hardly a reason not to get one but neverthrless. Lastly, I just dont find it that interesting...I like delicate bracelets or a bolder heavy cuff........it is a little too narrow for me

No offense taken! It's definitely not for everyone, especially for those who need to remove their jewelry.

My guy didn't like it at first because it reminded him of a handcuff (a fancy one haha) and I didn't like it that much at first either. But it really grew on me, thanks to tpf. Other things have started to grow on me since: H everything, the goyard shopping tote, etc. As Lana says, tpf is great at creating obsessions, to the detriment of my and my guy's wallet!! So I've been trying to stay away; for my own good!!