Why such concerns about vachetta?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I posted a question earlier about the berkeley being compared to the speedy. Many of TPFers talk about how hard it is to deal with the vachetta. What exactly is the concern - color changes or showing dirt? Does anyone have one that hasn't worn well? I really don't change bags frequently but it sounds like this should be my special occasion bag and not an everyday bag.:idea:

Most people are concerned about getting water spots on their bags or it getting dirty. Or having the vachetta a few different colors.

I was really worried about my cabas piano getting really dirty on the bottom and it having water stains on it. Even though I did get it dirty and is does not have an even patina, it's ok with me now. Mainly b/c when it gets a darker patina on it, no one will ever know it was dirty/ uneven before. :tup:

most of the concerns are about dirt or water spots like Miyoshi said. my MC trouville has a really dark spot where i carry it and i asked an SA about how i can clean it and she told me that it was too late. so i try to be careful (making sure my hands are clean) with new and barely patina handles/vachetta.

It is just really hard to clean once it gets dirty. There is nothing you can do to keep it light colored except keep it tucked away and never use it.

Here are some photos of different stages of pantina (the stage of what happens as vachetta darkens)

Here is nice and new vachetta

th_PC241307.jpg
th_Sammy1603.jpg
th_1847.jpg
th_PB061137.jpg

Here it is a little darker as it is starting to change

th_Sammy005.jpg
th_P9250730.jpg

to beljwl: awwww, your dog is so cuteeeee! :love::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:, What's her name?

about the vachetta, I am really scared of that. That's why i always buy damier canvas ebene instead of monogram. I like monogram a lot but I just can't , I am scared of getting dirty.

to beljwl: awwww, your dog is so cuteeeee! :love::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:, What's her name?

about the vachetta, I am really scared of that. That's why i always buy damier canvas ebene instead of monogram. I like monogram a lot but I just can't , I am scared of getting dirty.
I used to own only mono but sold em all because I just couldnt keep the vachetta clean enough:hysteric:. Im into damier now. But I love seeing ladies with their mono bags and envy how they can seem to keep the vachetta gorgy and clean.:girlsigh:

Beljwl---My dream is to get that pet carrier like yours for my yorkie!!! I love that!!! Your pooch is sooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!:heart:

I used to own only mono but sold em all because I just couldnt keep the vachetta clean enough:hysteric:. Im into damier now. But I love seeing ladies with their mono bags and envy how they can seem to keep the vachetta gorgy and clean.:girlsigh:

Beljwl---My dream is to get that pet carrier like yours for my yorkie!!! I love that!!! Your pooch is sooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!:heart:
I know, it's so difficult to keep it clean. However, I saw a lot of ladies here keep their bags so clean. I just can't T_______T

Hokaplan, are you from Singapore? If yes, pm me I send you the address where you can get the waterstop spray...I know alot of TPFers use Shining monkey etc... I use Colonil spray..

hence, I use my azur berkeley almost everyday. I think most people are afraid of water stains. For dirt you can always use baby wipes. I spray my berkeley with Colonil waterstop spray to prevent waterstains ;)..hence just enjoy your bag ;)

Hokaplan, are you from Singapore? If yes, pm me I send you the address where you can get the waterstop spray...I know alot of TPFers use Shining monkey etc... I use Colonil spray..

hence, I use my azur berkeley almost everyday. I think most people are afraid of water stains. For dirt you can always use baby wipes. I spray my berkeley with Colonil waterstop spray to prevent waterstains ;)..hence just enjoy your bag ;)

Hey! Im from singapore as well! Where do you get the colonil spray from?

for me, i am like clean looking stuff.
the vachetta gets dirty easily and i cannot handle the water marks either. it seem to make it flawed or something :shame:
so, while i really love how some of the monogram bags look, i can never bring myself to buy one... so long as the vachetta is present.
meanwhile, i can always use the damier ones and my sister's ! :graucho:

That's why when a mirage noir popped up I grabbed it because I LOVE mono but I am totally one to worry about silly stuff like ruining my vachetta.

beljwl- I do have to say your MC looks amazing with patina. I really and rethinking adding a black MC piece. Thanks for sharing.

crazy bag, I'm keen to know too. Does it only keep the water stain off, how about dirt? :nuts:

My BH shoulder strap already has this ugly dark dirt patch, which despite using baby wipes, can't be erased... haiz... have sortof get use to it. Vachetta really is a headche to me.

I actually have 2. They just both look similar. Not done on purpose, it just happened. They are both rescues. My little one in the baxter bag is Bella (9 months old) and the one in all the other photos is Sammy (9 years old). I just got Bella last month. That is why she is not in as many photos.