Why so many ****** recently?

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
It seems that I am seeing words blocked out with ****** a lot more recently. Has the naughty word filter been updated? IDK why some words are blocked out and it makes some things hard to read. For example, Michelle *****'s last name is replaced with ***** in a thread I just read. Why? I understand blocking profanity to keep things civil, but it seems as if you are casting a wider net.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
It seems that I am seeing words blocked out with ****** a lot more recently. Has the naughty word filter been updated? IDK why some words are blocked out and it makes some things hard to read. For example, Michelle *****'s last name is replaced with ***** in a thread I just read. Why? I understand blocking profanity to keep things civil, but it seems as if you are casting a wider net.
Prominent political names have recently been filtered out via automatic ***** so that nothing slips through the cracks before the mods can see it.

Thanks everyone. Anything to make the mods’ job easier. Shame it was necessary.

Yes, we really do want to allow for conversation to flow naturally. But we ran into the issue of many people trying to bring in politics and we were missing it, and that was really frustrating for a lot of members thinking we left certain mentions and not others. Rule has always been no politics. So we removed it to try to help combat that. That also is allow members to see it's an issue and report it sooner to us so it doesn't slip thru!

Thanks!

I don’t come here for politics and religion, I come here to relax. Thank you to Vlad, Megs and the mods for acting upon it.

That's why we've kept it as it is! The forum has always been set up to be a place to get away from the real world struggles we all face and have a way to chat with like minded people about these fun things we all love!

That's why we've kept it as it is! The forum has always been set up to be a place to get away from the real world struggles we all face and have a way to chat with like minded people about these fun things we all love!

It really is a place to get away from the real world, and I love it here. I was starting to get really concerned that things had changed when I noticed a few threads and posts that were somewhat political in nature a little while ago. These posts and threads have now disappeared, which tbh, I’m extremely happy about.

Reactions: IntheOcean
EVERYYYYYYSINGLETHANNNNGGGG was getting reported, has been since Covid started. . . Vlad trying to help the mod team.

I hope this changes when people go back to work
It really is a place to get away from the real world, and I love it here. I was starting to get really concerned that things had changed when I noticed a few threads and posts that were somewhat political in nature a little while ago. These posts and threads have now disappeared, which tbh, I’m extremely happy about.

It’s the “PURSE” forum. I’ve been backing out of threads because it’s too much.

Reactions: Hurrem1001
I hope this changes when people go back to work

It’s the “PURSE” forum. I’ve been backing out of threads because it’s too much.
Exactly, me too. I’ve found it rather concerning that people were posting political threads and comments, especially in recent months. At the same time, I didn’t want to be seen as a troublemaker by reporting them to mods who maybe supported the causes. For that, I now feel really bad as I obviously didn’t give the mods enough credit in remaining impartial, and not giving them the credit they deserve in that they DO moderate - and bloody well, especially considering just how many threads and posts there are on here.
Luckily as I said in my original post, the mods seem to have got on top of it and stopped it. I will say this though, in future if I do see any more political posts or threads, I’m going to report them. I’m not going to worry about what people think of me in the future for reporting this kind of thing.

Last edited: