Why should I buy a Louis Vuitton?

kristar

Jan 11, 2012
Hi there loyal Louis fans!!

O.k, so this is the scoop.. I've been collecting Coach bags for about 3 years and have a fairly nice collection.

Recently, I have been wanting a Louis Vuitton bag, to the point that I'm dreaming of Louis Vuitton. However, I keep thinking I could buy the most expensive Coach bag ever made with buttery leather for what I would pay for a canvas Louis. So, I don't know if I'll lose my nerve when I get to LV on Friday.

Please tell me why you buy Louis Vuitton and can you compare it to other brands. What make Louis Vuitton worth the price you pay?

Thanks

I don't really think of my bags as 'investments' because I don't plan on selling them, however it's nice to know that if you do choose to sell a bag that you've kept in good condition, you can make back a nice amount. I don't own anything by Coach so I don't know for sure, but I doubt they have a particularly good resell value.

That being said, the only real reason that LV is worth it to me is that I love it. I have friends who don't understand why I spend so much on a bag or an accessory, but if you don't love the brand, you wouldn't understand! I could buy less expensive bags from another brand, and similarly I could buy more expensive ones from Hermès or Goyard, but the simple fact is nothing makes my heart sing like LV!

You can love LV and still be a Coach fan, of course. Why not take the plunge and treat yourself to a classic LV bag, and see if you fall in love with it.

Hi there loyal Louis fans!!

O.k, so this is the scoop.. I've been collecting Coach bags for about 3 years and have a fairly nice collection.

Recently, I have been wanting a Louis Vuitton bag, to the point that I'm dreaming of Louis Vuitton. However, I keep thinking I could buy the most expensive Coach bag ever made with buttery leather for what I would pay for a canvas Louis. So, I don't know if I'll lose my nerve when I get to LV on Friday.

Please tell me why you buy Louis Vuitton and can you compare it to other brands. What make Louis Vuitton worth the price you pay?

Thanks

There's really no comparison, imo :smile: I don't think anyone here needs to convince you because you're already dreaming of it ~ you know you're going to do it. :P Just go for it - start out with a Neverfull or Speedy or something that won't shock you hopefully *too* much $-wise... and yes, the resale value is great should you decide you need to or want to sell it. Good luck!

*~*Personally, I love the classic look of LV. I used to be a Coach fan too (I still buy some, but not as much as I used to). When I got my first real job out of college, I decided to treat myself to something special, and I purchased my LV Speedy. I love it!! Yes, it is a canvas bag, but the quality & workmanship is what makes it worth the money. I know that I don't have to baby my bag to keep it in good condition (even though I do baby it lol). LV is a luxury brand, and who doesn't love a little luxury every now and then?? ;) *~*

I don't really think of my bags as 'investments' because I don't plan on selling them, however it's nice to know that if you do choose to sell a bag that you've kept in good condition, you can make back a nice amount. I don't own anything by Coach so I don't know for sure, but I doubt they have a particularly good resell value.

That being said, the only real reason that LV is worth it to me is that I love it. I have friends who don't understand why I spend so much on a bag or an accessory, but if you don't love the brand, you wouldn't understand! I could buy less expensive bags from another brand, and similarly I could buy more expensive ones from Hermès or Goyard, but the simple fact is nothing makes my heart sing like LV!

You can love LV and still be a Coach fan, of course. Why not take the plunge and treat yourself to a classic LV bag, and see if you fall in love with it.
wow!!! it's like you were speaking for me!!!! lol lol i agree with you totally!!! (i love the part that it makes your heart sing!!! mine too:jammin:

Well do you like the idea of owning a coated canvas bag? Or do you still prefer smooshy leather ones? Because the price different people a smooshy leather from coach and from lv is quite drastic.

For me its the fact that coach brings out a new bag like every two weeks I lose track of what the new bag is I like that lv pieces dont go out of style paying the extra for the lv is worth it im always going to carry a bag thats in style

I bought my first LV - a Mono Speedy 30 - because it is so classic and I had wanted it for about five years. I did get weak knees when handing over my debit card, but it was so worth it! I've bought everything in my collection because I love it, and it serves a purpose - a dressy bag, a casual bag, a tote, a luggage piece, etc.

marlengr said:
For me its the fact that coach brings out a new bag like every two weeks I lose track of what the new bag is I like that lv pieces dont go out of style paying the extra for the lv is worth it im always going to carry a bag thats in style

I agree with this. Also, LV doesn't go on sale and with the frequent releases from Coach, after 2.5 years I just got so tired of people having the same purse I got for 1/2 the price. And that's totally fine that people get a great deal, but I didn't like how it made me feel.

gatchie said:
I agree with this. Also, LV doesn't go on sale and with the frequent releases from Coach, after 2.5 years I just got so tired of people having the same purse I got for 1/2 the price. And that's totally fine that people get a great deal, but I didn't like how it made me feel.

Actually I feel like LV is starting to come out with new bags more frequently too and discontinuing other styles. Older styles start to look dated and go for low prices in consignment shops.

I still love LV, but definitely don't buy them as investments. They wear better than leather bags over time though.

A Louis Vuitton could last 20+ years if you take care of it! That's how outstanding the quality is!!! It sounds like you already have an impressive Coach collection. Try something new. I bet you fall in love!

I lvoe lv simply because it's LV. It's that plain simple. It's really an incurable addiction, at least it is for me. I just love how each piece of lv bags and slg looks. Having said that not to mention how long lasting it can be.

Just remember they are like potato chips, you can't have just one. :lol:
I was going to get just one, because of my love for my Juicy Couture hangbags.
And now it's like Juicy who?

I can't wait to see or read what you get. ;)

Reactions: Realtor by day