Why oh Why are they bringing back Maxi dresses?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have received e-mails touting all of these great and wonderful maxi dresses from NM, Saks & Barney's. Do they really think we are that stupid? Only a small fraction of the population can get away with that style. I love the look of the dresses, but I am under no illusions that at 5'3" I could wear a maxi even if I were not curvy.

Sheesh, put half as much effort into designing cute, good quality and fashion forward clothes for those larger than a size 12 as you do in trying to bring back maxi's for the umpteenth time.:lecture:

Ok, rant over.:yes:

2. TBH I think that unless you are little and petite or tall and willowy most people can't carry these dresses off. I'm 5'7 and a US 8 and there's no way I would entertain the idea of wearing one!!

3. I never cared for the style the first time around, back in the '70's. I haven't changed my opinion!

4. I love them!

5. I'm 5'3 as well and I have one Maxi dress, and I havent left the house with it on.

Its a dog day in the world of fashion for the short gals. first the babydolls and now the maxi!!

looks like we have to stick to jeans girl, lol

6. Ugh, I agree. Babydolls and maxi dresses. What kind of fools do they think we are? Not being a particularly tall person, I could never wear one.

7. I love the way they look but have not yet found one that looks good on me. But I think I am going to try a maxi skirt (one from anthropologie) because then it will have a waist. A lot of maxi dresses are empire which is not good for me (5'3" and curvy). I need a waist! Anyone have more luck with the maxi skirts and a cute tank/ cami?

8. I love maxi and babydoll dresses...I love dresses period. I bought this(might not be the traditional maxi dress) and a lady stopped me in Publix grocery store mentioned that she had to to have it:amuse:[​IMG]

9. I'm not much of a fan of the maxi dress style in general...it tries to conjure the idea of being comfortable, casual and laidback but most times it looks like a nightie that even the best of us can't pull off.. or maybe it's just cos i'm short :P haha

10. I love maxi dresses and yes I am tall, but i'm a size 12-14

11. ^ I'm tall and love maxi dresses too! They're soooo easy to wear :shame:

12. i'm 5'6" and curvy and like maxi dresses. it's just a matter of trying things on until you find one with a cut that flatters you. it IS possible. i have a printed one from last year that i never fail to get at least a few compliments on every time i wear it.

13. I like maxi dresses. I think they are pretty flattering. I'm not tall since I stand about 5'6 and wear a size 0-4 depending on the brand.

14. i'm a bit taller at 5'5'' (size 2, but curvy) and bought my first maxi dress a month or so ago.. I was always scared to try them on, but.. they make me look like i'm a six foot grecian goddess! (though i'm wearing it with wedges so i guess technically i am about 5'8'' in it, but whatever! hah)

My suggestion is to just try them, you should have seen my face when i first saw myself in this dress.. i always thought you had to be supppperrr tall to wear dresses like this!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. ^ Super cute, sammydoll! :tup: