Why LV so busy after Christmas!

OCLVgringo

Jul 25, 2011
I went to South Coast on Monday the day after Christmas to go to the Nordstrom Mens Sale and when I walked by the LV store at around 2pm there was a long line to get into the store? I don't get why... are people returning and exchanging or was there some secret deal on the 26th that only exclusive customers knew about?

I agree with Binkysmom.

Plus there are rumors that LV is planning another price increase early Jan 2012. I just got a bag for Christmas and ordered one online just now as well because of this.

Because I love to walk in whenever I'm at the mall and just browse but I probably wouldn't wait an hour to go into the store. I would rather wait a day or got to the store in Saks or Bloomys. Would u wait?

mrs.JC said:
I agree with Binkysmom.

Plus there are rumors that LV is planning another price increase early Jan 2012. I just got a bag for Christmas and ordered one online just now as well because of this.

Oh I should get my wallet then when in January? If I go next Monday will that be too late?

Oh I should get my wallet then when in January? If I go next Monday will that be too late?

No idea, sorry! I heard it will definitely be within the first 2 weeks... maybe 3rd. Better ASAP to be safe because people will start buying pretty soon. Last price increase the bag I wanted was sold out. :sad:

Yes, I think many are spending their christmas money. I know some who only ask for cash so they can save up to buy what they want.
And yes, I would wait if I was that excited about buying a new LV for myself!

mrs.JC said:
No idea, sorry! I heard it will definitely be within the first 2 weeks... maybe 3rd. Better ASAP to be safe because people will start buying pretty soon. Last price increase the bag I wanted was sold out. :sad:

Yeah I want to get the zippy compact in Damier ebene. I better hurry.

it's not only LV.....most people don't have to work after Christmas and more money to spend(gift cards/sale everywhere/etc.). I was in a mall yesterday and it was terribly crowded.

I popped into the LV shop in little old perth-australia on the 28/12 and the sales attendants were flat out taking orders and selling bags, shop was packed and there was heaps of tourists from japan and europe buying the bags. Go figure!

also i noticed a few girls who were with there boyfriends, were being bought bags as presents and bag picked first, price later! My obversation of the guys who were buying their very pretty girlfriends bags were fly in fly out mining workers (in case you dont know western australia is in the grip of a mining boom), that probably also explains why there were so many cashed up purchasers in the LV store - Perth.