Why is Watercolour so Expensive?

dancingirl

Apr 12, 2008
Hi,

I went to LV showroom to get some new colourful bag and the salesperson showed me a watercolour papilon (or something that looks like papilon). The price is 5000 AUD which is like 4500 USD. I am stunned ! It is just basically a canvas papilon and the hardware is even made of plastic. So why is it so expensive then ? Is it just because it is limited edition ? This kind of pricing policy sucks ! It made it harder for me to collect the LEs.

Anyways, I decided on something else and will post the pics soon !

they do have the vvn papillon. maybe thats the one u saw and were quoted the price of the exotic? but plastic hardware? I have never seen that. and like chinchin_lim said, its a LE, so im sure they can charge whatever they want.

Because:-

1 the trim is snake skin
2 it's limited in production
3 it's a complex printing techinque
4 the hardwear is covered with plastic but not actually plastic
5 it's an artist collaboration
6 it's the key collection from Spring summer

I could go on but I think it's covered

Any bag has to be worth it to YOU. When you break it down to individual parts even a birkin is just leather. I bought the exotic watercolor because I fell in LOVE with it and think it's a STUNNER that I will continue to use.

I read somewhere in this forum that it has 18 colour silkscreen process similar to the multi-colour bags..plus with all the leather additions and it is limited etc etc...probably that makes the price high ;)