Why is this LV dust bag so small? (Speedy 30 Damier Azur)

hmm...when I bought my damier 30 in the boutique, it came with the drawstring bag. Now I'm wondering if my Azur from elux will come with the small one, or the larger one??? Maybe my SA swapped them out before I even knew the difference? :shrugs:

I'm so glad I found this thread, cuz I was feeling pretty silly for not being able to get my new Speedy 25 into its bag. I definitely don't want to keep my new baby stored folded up cuz I want to get rid of those "new Speedy poochies" on the sides (kwim?).

I'll be calling my LV store and asking if I can trade my dustbag for one with a drawstring. Seems silly to keep an LV in an old pillowcase!

Bumping this in case there are any other Speedy newbies like me...:flowers:

I asked for one when I bought my Damier and was told they didn't have any and to check back later. Does anyone know if you can call to order one? The LV store is 85 miles from my house and I can't afford to drive all the way out there for a dustbag unless I am already going.

Do they have spare dustbags to just give out? I was under the impression that all items are sent to stores in their dustbags, meaning that there wouldn't be any spare ones?

i had the same exact problem! i bought a speedy MC 30 last month and the dustbag was too small..i couldn't go back to ask for a new one because i was travelling out of the country that i bought the bag in...i was really disappointed because this was my first LV bag and all my gucci's came with a nice big dustbag

plus the service i got in the LV store didn't even compare to the fantastic service i usually get at the gucci store!

a bit disappointed with the LV SA's...they just want you to buy but they aren't willing to put any time into making sure your experience is perfect

hmm- but would you really store your LV?

I never did even when I had 10 bags to choose from- I like them all 'at attention' hahahaha!!

love your Azur 30- that's the bag I bought and sold like 3 times last year
and- hahaha~ got another one coming next week! :love:

I got the smaller one as well. My speedy is 3 yrs old and I have been folding it up almost every time I use it. It's still in perfect shape. If this is something you are really concerned with I would go get the drawstring bag. They gave me this one for my Speedy 35

when i bought azur25 the SA also said they do not have extra bigger dustbags. i now store my speedy in other dustbag (the original bag itself was gone long time ago). i now fold my LV dustbag nicely and keep it inside azur25 together with the receipt :lol:

I've never heard of folding the bag causing cracks, nor has it ever happened to me. Unless if the bag was stored incorrectly or in a bad atmosphere to cause something so drastic.

My mom had a mono speedy and the canvas cracked. I don't think she stored it incorrectly or the bad atmosphere... She had it for so long (8+ years). She threw it away and bought another one.

i had the same exact problem! i bought a speedy MC 30 last month and the dustbag was too small..i couldn't go back to ask for a new one because i was travelling out of the country that i bought the bag in...i was really disappointed because this was my first LV bag and all my gucci's came with a nice big dustbag

I am sorry to hear that! I have a white MC speedy and the dustbag is large enough for the whole bag to go in and have some room at the end. Bought it at Boston saks. But I did not get a box...just a big dustbag.

My speedy arrived this morning in a tiny dustbag. I complained and they are sending a new one.
Yes I agree that leaving a bag crushed long term may leave a fold in the bag and who wants that?!

This is something I recently complained about again to LV. LV recommends NOT to fold the speedy bags when storing and not in use. Lv stated that each bag comes with its own sleeper. In fact, the model tag is now attached to the sleeper bag! Well, I ordered a speedy from eluxury last week and asked for a larger sleeper bag and they mailed one to me that had papillon 30 model card attached. That one was huge but did not have the nerve to ask for an even different one, so I will use the large one. At least its better to have one too large than too small! Do not store your speedy flattened for any length of time, I had a keepall 60 that cracked years ago because of this!