Why is there no love for the Chanel 3?

spendalot

Leather addict
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
I saw this bag in person. From the front, it looks very much like the classic flap. But of course, inside, it has 3 compartments. It comes in Lambskin, but was told it's more durable than the lambskin of the classics. It's still very soft to the touch. The price point is attractive at $2700. I kinda like it but went for another bag in the end although, I found myself constantly thinking about Chanel 3 that I did not buy.

Tried to find more info and pictures here but so far, only 1-2 pictures came up. Why is it so unpopular?

i'm in the minority but i happen to love the 3 and would love to purchase it as my first Chanel! But i'm afraid that by the time I have the money saved and ready to buy they'll no longer be in the stores

I have several classic flaps and I also adore the Chanel 3. I think it's definitely starting to gain popularity with every release, and it's a great bag to get in a fun color if you don't feel like spending so much on a classic.

I love love love love my new Chanel 3. At first I wasn't sure about the leather and it's durability, but after using it for a month, I can not live without it. (I had a thread about Chanel 3 leather with pic of my bag) I think the size is perfect but it fits more than a normal classic more. I have the light grey one and the color is to die for. ( other tpf also have the light khaki and red both really pretty)
If you ladies want I can put on more pics tonight after I get off work.

When I first saw the photos of the round Chanel 3 on the forum, my heart actually skipped a beat, and i thought i would love to have one of them. but when i dropped by at my local store to take a look, somehow it just didn't appeal to me anymore. Same as what the other tpfer mentioned, it looked too puffy and unshapely. Furthermore i didn't like the fact that the 3 compartments of the bag can be seen from the side, as oppose to just segregating the one big compartment into 3 (i.e. from outside it looks like 1 compartment but in fact there are 3 when opened, not sure if you get what I mean). The Chanel 3 could probably hold more than the classic flaps because of the 3 compartments, but i didn't like how the side looks like when the bag is filled with things, stretching the 3 compartments apart (even with the current structured middle compartment). The classic flap looks elegant and sophisticated, but the 3 compartments seems to have taken away that feel. this is just my opinion....

I love love love love my new Chanel 3. At first I wasn't sure about the leather and it's durability, but after using it for a month, I can not live without it. (I had a thread about Chanel 3 leather with pic of my bag) I think the size is perfect but it fits more than a normal classic more. I have the light grey one and the color is to die for. ( other tpf also have the light khaki and red both really pretty)
If you ladies want I can put on more pics tonight after I get off work.

Please do. I love the light grey. It's beautiful and kinda wishing I had gotten that now :sad: