Why is there no love for the Chanel 3?

spendalot

Leather addict
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Oregon
I saw this bag in person. From the front, it looks very much like the classic flap. But of course, inside, it has 3 compartments. It comes in Lambskin, but was told it's more durable than the lambskin of the classics. It's still very soft to the touch. The price point is attractive at $2700. I kinda like it but went for another bag in the end although, I found myself constantly thinking about Chanel 3 that I did not buy.

Tried to find more info and pictures here but so far, only 1-2 pictures came up. Why is it so unpopular?

ipekkeles

lil' miss shop-a-lot
Sep 23, 2011
Turkey
i have to agree... i was expecting to fall in love with it since it looks like a classic flap but has more space and that is exactly what i want, but it just looks off...

They look too puffy and unshapely compared to the structure of the classic flaps IMO.

imanda

O.G.
May 22, 2007
i'm in the minority but i happen to love the 3 and would love to purchase it as my first Chanel! But i'm afraid that by the time I have the money saved and ready to buy they'll no longer be in the stores

Oniomaniac

Dec 25, 2008
I have several classic flaps and I also adore the Chanel 3. I think it's definitely starting to gain popularity with every release, and it's a great bag to get in a fun color if you don't feel like spending so much on a classic.

Cici122

Dec 1, 2008
Dallas, TX
I love love love love my new Chanel 3. At first I wasn't sure about the leather and it's durability, but after using it for a month, I can not live without it. (I had a thread about Chanel 3 leather with pic of my bag) I think the size is perfect but it fits more than a normal classic more. I have the light grey one and the color is to die for. ( other tpf also have the light khaki and red both really pretty)
If you ladies want I can put on more pics tonight after I get off work.

shammieq

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
When I first saw the photos of the round Chanel 3 on the forum, my heart actually skipped a beat, and i thought i would love to have one of them. but when i dropped by at my local store to take a look, somehow it just didn't appeal to me anymore. Same as what the other tpfer mentioned, it looked too puffy and unshapely. Furthermore i didn't like the fact that the 3 compartments of the bag can be seen from the side, as oppose to just segregating the one big compartment into 3 (i.e. from outside it looks like 1 compartment but in fact there are 3 when opened, not sure if you get what I mean). The Chanel 3 could probably hold more than the classic flaps because of the 3 compartments, but i didn't like how the side looks like when the bag is filled with things, stretching the 3 compartments apart (even with the current structured middle compartment). The classic flap looks elegant and sophisticated, but the 3 compartments seems to have taken away that feel. this is just my opinion....

rufers

Feb 8, 2011
it looks more casual to me.
You have to pick the right color for chanel 3.
Go for some casual colors like gray, taupe.
Light gray is sooooooooooooo beautiful.

Jun 6, 2010
Toronto
It looks pretty cute! My plan is to save up for a classic flap (once I graduate...yes!!), but I dunno...this might be an alternative~! Especially since it's a little cheaper!

spendalot

Leather addict
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Oregon
I love love love love my new Chanel 3. At first I wasn't sure about the leather and it's durability, but after using it for a month, I can not live without it. (I had a thread about Chanel 3 leather with pic of my bag) I think the size is perfect but it fits more than a normal classic more. I have the light grey one and the color is to die for. ( other tpf also have the light khaki and red both really pretty)
If you ladies want I can put on more pics tonight after I get off work.
Please do. I love the light grey. It's beautiful and kinda wishing I had gotten that now :sad:

rufers

Feb 8, 2011
don't think, get it.
It will get more popular, I am pretty sure due to the roomy capacity and similarity to classic line.