Why is there a sudden surge in the availability of WC Speedy 30?

Winnie08

Jun 30, 2008
Has anyone wondered why has there been an increase in the availability of the WC Speedy 30 recently? I thought it was supposed to be exclusive to countries like Hawaii, Japan and Guam and a few months since its launch, I am hearing that it is available in Germany, China and Hong Kong. Now it seems it is even sprouting up all over Canada! I read from the shopping thread that the WC speedy 30 is even going to be used for the gala opening of the Edmonton LV store tonight!

This really sets me into thinking if the WC Speedy 30 is really that limited at all or is this a pre-sign that this collection is going to be part of a permanent range?:shrugs:

^^ Some styles sell better in other countries and don't in others. I am assuming that the Speedy 30 suddently sprouting around Canada, US, and Europe were probably transferred there (due to high demand and customer traffic) from other countries due to poor sales.

^^ Some styles sell better in other countries and don't in others. I am assuming that the Speedy 30 suddently sprouting around Canada, US, and Europe were probably transferred there (due to high demand and customer traffic) from other countries due to poor sales.

Reading from the threads here, I believe that the WC Speedy 30 is already sold out in Hawaii. Japan should too since LV esp. limited items are exceptionally popular with the Japanese. I am not too sure about Guam though but even if the WC Speedy 30 does not sell well in Guam, it is indeed a food-for-thought that there would be enough "left-overs" from Guam to be transferred to all the countries that were not intended to receive the WC Speedy 30, considering that Guam is a small island with only a handful of LV stores. Guam is also a popular tourist resort so the WC Speedy 30 should have been quickly snapped up by the tourists, given that they are only manufactured in limited quantities.

However, the rate and the quantities that the WC Speedy 30 seem to suddenly emerge in countries other than Japan, Hawaii and Guam would seem to imply that it is actually not that exclusive and that LV actually makes quite a number of them?

Whatever it is, I'd still love to get my hands on a white WC Speedy 30, but sadly, the sudden surge does not include Singapore!:sad:

Reading from the threads here, I believe that the WC Speedy 30 is already sold out in Hawaii. Japan should too since LV esp. limited items are exceptionally popular with the Japanese. I am not too sure about Guam though but even if the WC Speedy 30 does not sell well in Guam, it is indeed a food-for-thought that there would be enough "left-overs" from Guam to be transferred to all the countries that were not intended to receive the WC Speedy 30, considering that Guam is a small island with only a handful of LV stores. Guam is also a popular tourist resort so the WC Speedy 30 should have been quickly snapped up by the tourists, given that they are only manufactured in limited quantities.

However, the rate and the quantities that the WC Speedy 30 seem to suddenly emerge in countries other than Japan, Hawaii and Guam would seem to imply that it is actually not that exclusive and that LV actually makes quite a number of them?

Whatever it is, I'd still love to get my hands on a white WC Speedy 30, but sadly, the sudden surge does not include Singapore!:sad:

Have you tried requesting one from your SA? Sometimes, they might ship one in for you.

International transfer? That is a fab idea! Has anyone ever requested for your local LV boutique to do an international transfer of an item for you? If you have, does LV impose any surcharges on top of the retail price of the transferred item?